WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

461 - 480 of 653 Posts

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
I didn't. I responded to a poster who specifically mentioned ageing.

I don't see anything about the regular BB58 as 'faux'. They are simply colour choices, that happen to give a warmth that we mostly associate with vintage watches because we generally don't see it in modern ones. I would argue that it was an important part of the secret sauce that made the 58 the 58.
Tend to agree I don’t see the current gilt bb58 as faux anything

·
Registered
703 Posts
That's a pretty nice shade of blue. It's boring that all they had to do was change the colour of the bezel and dial, but I thought Tudor was broken beyond repair after the P01 release. Both look really nice, I might lean towards the Blue just because it is something different from my Sub (and every other black dial watch I own lol).

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
thats some pretty harsh photography but the watch still looks good to me.
love the lack of gilt and clean stark lume, this watch will sing with some good photography.
very much looking forward to seeing in person

·
Registered
595 Posts
I get why people say it's unimaginative and boring, but why the surprise? This move has been the core of the BB line. Personally I like it, it calls back to the OG blue snowflakes for me. Have an appt. to try on this week to see if I'll buy.
Probably because all they have done is focus on the BB line. There are a million different models.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Like the shade of blue.

I wish they would have put square markers on it. I think it would help seperate them from Rolex's shadow a bit more.

Handsome watch nonetheless, hope they offer a date version.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I didn't. I responded to a poster who specifically mentioned ageing.

I don't see anything about the regular BB58 as 'faux'. They are simply colour choices, that happen to give a warmth that we mostly associate with vintage watches because we generally don't see it in modern ones. I would argue that it was an important part of the secret sauce that made the 58 the 58.
Exactly! I personally love the color combination, and it’s nice to see on a modern watch. It’s what makes the BB58 the BB58.

461 - 480 of 653 Posts