WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

481 - 500 of 653 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
That's a pretty nice shade of blue. It's boring that all they had to do was change the colour of the bezel and dial, but I thought Tudor was broken beyond repair after the P01 release. Both look really nice, I might lean towards the Blue just because it is something different from my Sub (and every other black dial watch I own lol).
Broken forever because... they made one watch that personally you disliked, amongst a sea of stuff you did like?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
My goodness - woirst kept secret of new launches EVER...
LOL

Tudor still not launching it until tomorrow....

http://instagr.am/p/CCDUBTKJoBj/ View attachment 15325231
It looks better here but it’s still a miss for me. All Tudor needed to do was take the blue dial and bezel from the Pelagos and they’d be set. The blue they’ve chosen is rather uninteresting.
I think the snowflake hands with round indices also throws it off me. Needed square indices..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shockwave

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
It looks better here but it’s still a miss for me. All Tudor needed to do was take the blue dial and bezel from the Pelagos and they’d be set. The blue they’ve chosen is rather uninteresting.
I think the snowflake hands with round indices also throws it off me. Needed square indices..

It surely is not for everyone and that’s a good thing. The worse thing would be a design that leaves everyone cold. Polarizing designs are usually selling well.

If everything goes well, I will pick mine up Saturday.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
It surely is not for everyone and that’s a good thing. The worse thing would be a design that leaves everyone cold. Polarizing designs are usually selling well.

I was told they wouldn’t be in stores until around September by my AD .

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
It's about time Tudor had more offerings in this case. It seemed like a no brainer from the jump after the 58.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I really like the idea of ADs having watches in a timely manner Betsy's the old system of announcing in March and not having then until now. Unfortunately this is a one year fluke because there were going to be announced in Basel, so technically this is 2 months after announcement.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
There’s really only a few low quality pictures leaked right now, so I’m not sure I can state any opinion on the blue they chose. Change the lighting, and the color fluxes. But for me, any shade if navy or true blue will be an improvement over the original. How bout a leaked photo of the strap and NATO models for comparison sake.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts

Don’t get me wrong, it’s going to sell very well. Look forward to seeing your pics in more natural light.

Reactions: UofRSpider

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
There’s really only a few low quality pictures leaked right now, so I’m not sure I can state any opinion on the blue they chose. Change the lighting, and the color fluxes. But for me, any shade if navy or true blue will be an improvement over the original. How bout a leaked photo of the strap and NATO models for comparison sake.

Ahem....

This is a video:

http://instagr.am/p/CCDs2g4HFYP/
And the user has a few pix collected from various sources in his feed.

Link: doesn’t want to work with Tapatalk. Search for user wenxiang85 on Instagram

·
Registered
376 Posts
Am I the only one who is not particularly excited for just a blue 58...? :censored: I mean, they could at least release two or three colours in the 58-size? Like some others have already noted, seems like a dissapointing milking strategy to me.

·
Registered
20,370 Posts
Nice looking watch will will sell on a wait list no doubt!!

But novel??

Tudor are staying as a one trick pony along with AP.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Tudor learned that with enthusiasts, different is not better. Gently does it; tease, build and influence.

I wonder who will be the first to trade options or futures on underlying Rolex or Tudor watches on a recognised exchange?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Am I the only one who is not particularly excited for just a blue 58...? :censored: I mean, they could at least release two or three colours in the 58-size? Like some others have already noted, seems like a dissapointing milking strategy to me.

And you expected what exactly? A new BB58 with a bezel changing kit, a rotating rose/shield logo on the dial and an oyster bracelet? Rolex makes a green Sub and the whole world stops to admire the revolution...

·
Registered
187 Posts
A third colour would help it be a little less boring, even just some colour in the lume pip triangle or the seconds hand.
I like the BB41 colour schemes of black dial, coloured bezel. Was hoping that would be introduced into the BB58 case.

·
Registered
52 Posts
A third colour would help it be a little less boring, even just some colour in the lume pip triangle or the seconds hand.
I like the BB41 colour schemes of black dial, coloured bezel. Was hoping that would be introduced into the BB58 case.

For months I've been reading complaints how the BB58 has too much gilt/too tacky, people begging Tudor to release a version with silver hands and no gilt on the bezel and now that it's here, they don't like it....now they want the gilt....😳😳😳 Tudor could have released 10 variations of the 58 and it still wouldn't have pleased the watch community.

481 - 500 of 653 Posts