WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Tudor Pelagos (ETA version) back from a warranty service at the Dallas Rolex SC. While the service was taking place I searched the forum for stories to see what to expect but didn't find much, so I figured I'd share my recent experience for the next guy/gal.

After buying my Pelagos through an internet auction I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it still had a month of its 2 year warranty left. The watch was also running -20s/day so I took it to a local Tudor AD who overnighted it to Dallas RSC. Ten days later I received a call from the AD that Dallas had received the watch and that they have decided to conduct a full warranty service on the watch. Approximately 4 weeks later (on a Tuesday) I received another call that Dallas will be servicing the watch on Friday and will then conduct quality assurance procedures. The AD said I should expect the watch back in 2 weeks. However, the very next Wednesday (6.5 weeks after sending in the watch) I received an email from the AD saying that my watch was ready for pick-up.

My serviced Pelagos ran +0.5 s/day the first 3 days after getting it back but has now been running at +5s/day ever since. No polishing of the bracelet or case was done and the sapphire crystal, which has one small knick, was not replaced. With the watch I received a small velvet pouch and microfiber cloth with the Tudor logo on it. I also received a receipt stating that a full service was conducted and the AD wrote a letter describing the watch and it's $ value ($4,400) in case I want to get it insured.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I sent my Pelagos in to my local AD for service after the crown came off. Took about 4 weeks to get back from RSC, they fixed the crown and some damage to the bracelet I wasn't aware of (never did figure out what was wrong). Then I noticed the second hand sometimes slowed down around the 11 o'clock position (looked like it was dragging on something), sometimes completely stopping for a while. Took it back to the AD and they sent it back to RSC. They contacted me to ask if it was okay for one of the watchmakers to wear it for a while to help diagnose the problem. After maybe a week or so they couldn't figure out the issue, so they did a full factory service on the movement. Again, got it back after about 4 weeks and it has run perfectly ever since, +1-3 seconds per day.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Sounds like positive experience overall. Something to expect of from RSC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I took my "grey" (no warranty card) Ranger to RSC because it was running slow after being dropped.
They checked it out completely, regulated it to +2 s/d and mailed it to me, no charge "under warranty".
In all it took them about 4-5 weeks.
Exceptional service.

·
Registered
770 Posts
RSC has always treaded me very well. Very Accurate post service and even service outside of warranty for free.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
I've never heard of a watchmaker needing to wear a watch to make a diagnosis. Pretty interesting!
Makes sense if the problem is intermittent.

·
Registered
632 Posts
tudor/rolex service is topnotch. had my black bay eta serviced last year because the bezel fell off. apparently modern tudors and rolexes use a plastic retainer ring on the bezel( hytrel is what i think i heard the receptionist called it). unfortunately warranty expired at this point.. i was charged 100 usd for the ring and complimentary light buffing of the watch.. they also removed stubborn crystal stains....received the watch two weeks later looking new

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I recently had to take my 8 month old Grantour Date in to the dealer as timekeeping had become very occasionaly erratic, and without question they sent it off to Rolex/Tudor (UK). The dealer quoted a 4 week turnaround and almost exactly 4 weeks later the dealer called to let me know the watch was ready to be collected. It had a "movement correction" and serviced with restored 2 year warranty, and is now running at +2.5 to +3 sec/day. They also must have buffed the bracelet as it was returned mint as new.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I brought my first blue Pelagos at Tourneau on 57th in NYC, the date wheel change 4-6 past midnight so I brought it to Rolex's headquarters in NYC, I asked several times for the watch to be handled carefully so it wasn't scratched.

At first they said there was no problem but during a second call they said the problem I mentioned existed and it would be fixed. They serviced the watch on site and when I picked it up it was scratched on the case twice.

This was a two month old watch in mint condition. They also did not fix the date wheel issue. The hands where changed to advance the date at 11:58 pm if manually setting the time but in auto it still change the date 5 past 12.

I received a black velvet Tudor pouch made in China and two Rolex microfiber clothes.

I didn't mention the scratches at the counter because I was completely disgusted.

I bought a second blue Pelagos at Wempe in NYC three weeks ago and the date wheel changes four minutes past twelve but before that it changed at 21/2 past a few times.

I have no idea what Tudor is doing. Tudor states the Pelagos changes exactly at twelve midnight and many owners say the same thing.

I don't think I can trust Rolex to service it to an acceptable tolerance, which for this movement is plus or minus two minutes at twelve midnight.

·
Registered
38 Posts
They told me they did a micro cleaning but scratched it which tells me they don't care and this is from one person handling the watch.

I recently spoke to the CS manager at Rolex's headquarters and she said only she would handle the watch if I brought it in for service but how can I trust Rolex to do their job when they didn't do it the first time with two watches with date wheels that weren't calibrated properly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great. I've noticed my pelagos with mt5612 movt changes exactly at 12am when done manually and around 2.5-4mins after 12am if on its own. Also I'm running between +5-+10 sec/day. I do wear it ALL the damn time and even whilst asleep. So........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quick question. Do all issues have to go to a Rolex service centre or is that where they go when the AD doesn't have a certified Rolex watch maker on staff? Mine is Bromberg's in Birmingham, AL (oldest family owned jewellery store in US) and they have their own in house cert Rolex guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,112 Posts
Sounds positive and appreciate the post I have a few Tudor's but have never had to have them serviced. You also did well getting the watch with some factory warranty left on it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I know this thread is a year old, but I am just seeing it now...

With that....

Nevermind the RSC experiences, I am concerned to read about all of these issues with crown, and bezels falling off and date change / second hand dragging....

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Just sent my Tudor Ranger in today. It has been running slow since it was new, now at -12 spd with about 5 months left on the warranty. I was told it would take 4 weeks from the time I authorize repairs. Already miss it but thought I had delayed sending it in long enough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Tudor Heritage black Bay in house movement recently stopped running to watch was purchased in September 2017 from an authorized us dealer. I am the second owner . I took the to watch my local Tudor authorized dealer they sent the watch to RSC Dallas. I got a call from my local ad that my watch was back from service took almost 6 weeks. The invoice from RSC Dallas doesn't say what they did to the watch or what was wrong with it it just says" complimentary Rolex service". The watch was most certainly not polished or even cleaned. It does run just fine about plus 2 seconds per day.

·
Registered
364 Posts
My Tudor Heritage black Bay in house movement recently stopped running to watch was purchased in September 2017 from an authorized us dealer. I am the second owner . I took the to watch my local Tudor authorized dealer they sent the watch to RSC Dallas. I got a call from my local ad that my watch was back from service took almost 6 weeks. The invoice from RSC Dallas doesn't say what they did to the watch or what was wrong with it it just says" complimentary Rolex service". The watch was most certainly not polished or even cleaned. It does run just fine about plus 2 seconds per day.
I would be very curious to know if they replaced your movement. You should call them. They are very reachable and very receptive to dialog with customers. If you decide to call, please post back. Having three BB's, i'd be curious to know.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I purchased at BB black in-house at the end of 2016. From day one it ran very consistently but about 2.5 SPD slow. Being that it was within spec I just let it ride. Over time it just annoyed me more and more. About 4 months back I figured I'd go back to my AD before my warranty expired and see what could be done. They told me Tudor won't let them open the case.
I didn't get any push back and off it went to the RCS in Dallas. IIRC about 5 weeks later I had it back with no charge. The watch looked exactly the same as when I sent it, no better no worse. Now runs about +1 SPD. Very pleased with their service.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
My Black Bay Black stopped running about 6 months after purchase, crown thread issue took it in and got it back within two weeks, good as new hassle free.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts