WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse my ignorance as I may think this has been discussed before but I just got two differing opinions from Tudor ADs concerning their warranty.

A dealer in California (Traditional Jewelers) explained to me that they register the watch only and therefore if the watch is sold to another party, the warranty follows the watch and not the person.

However, a dealer in Georgia (Brown and Co.) conveyed to me that the warranties are not transferable but are retained to the person who purchased the watch.

I am asking you guys, are ADs just doing things their own ways or is someone clearly wrong here. I can always depend on the knowledge here much more so than an AD for this brand apparently.

Thanks in advance,
Ralph

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
As far as I know the watch is warranted....not the buyer.
Warranty goes with watch, if the paper work goes with the watch.
The watch was registered,with my name...I've bought two Rolex's from AD's.
but I was told the warranty was the watch, I see no reason for Tudor to be different as it's all Rolex.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know the watch is warranted....not the buyer.
Warranty goes with watch, if the paper work goes with the watch.
The watch was registered,with my name...I've bought two Rolex's from AD's.
but I was told the warranty was the watch, I see no reason for Tudor to be different as it's all Rolex.
Thanks for the reply LBF, that's what I had figured as well so I'm not sure why I'm getting different info dependant on who the AD is.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Is there a warranty contract around here somewhere? I have the paperwork at home, and could check when I get there. That should answer the question.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just received this reply from Brown and Co:

"I have contacted our Tudor representative and he has informed me that
warranties are not transferable.

Best,
Robb McElwee
Brown and Company Jewelers"

...wtf

·
Premium Member
40,123 Posts
I'd be very surprised to hear that it's not transferable. Surely it's the watch that is under warranty rather than the owner?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Not always. Depends on the brand and location. Ball Watch USA warranty, for example, follows the owner.
The warranty stays with the owner? So if the owner has problems in the warranty period with his hands, face, or has movement issues Ball will pay to fix him up? Nice!

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance as I may think this has been discussed before but I just got two differing opinions from Tudor ADs concerning their warranty.

A dealer in California (Traditional Jewelers) explained to me that they register the watch only and therefore if the watch is sold to another party, the warranty follows the watch and not the person.

However, a dealer in Georgia (Brown and Co.) conveyed to me that the warranties are not transferable but are retained to the person who purchased the watch.

I am asking you guys, are ADs just doing things their own ways or is someone clearly wrong here. I can always depend on the knowledge here much more so than an AD for this brand apparently.

Thanks in advance,
Ralph
Let me put it this way. I live in Atlanta. If someone from Brown told me it was raining, I'd open the window and stick my arm outside to check.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let me put it this way. I live in Atlanta. If someone from Brown told me it was raining, I'd open the window and stick my arm outside to check.
That's all I needed to hear. I figured as much. Thanks for the reply Doc.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I suggest in any case contact Tudor directly.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Just received this reply from Brown and Co:

"I have contacted our Tudor representative and he has informed me that
warranties are not transferable.

Best,
Robb McElwee
Brown and Company Jewelers"

...wtf
That's bizarre, and the first time I've ever heard of a company doing this. The warranty should always travel with watch... it doesn't matter who owns it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts