• Black Bay Midnight Blue

Votes: 47 77.0%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys!

I've been on a 1 year hiatus from watch purchases but the time has come to splash the cash :D

I was really impressed with Tudor's showing (yet again) at Basel earlier this year and I'm pretty much undecided on 2 of these models:

tudor_ranger_main.jpg
Tudor Ranger

tudor_heritage_black_bay_2014_g.jpg
Tudor Black Bay Midnight Blue

An order has already been placed with my friend at an AD upon the arrival of the BB Blue BUT... I'm kinda having 2nd thoughts when I looked at the Ranger.
Now, based on my current collection, which of either will you go for?

Kindly note that I'm solely concentrating on these 2 models so there isn't a need for other suggestions. Cheers :-!

Reactions: nuzzle

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Triple B with bracelet option. I like the new Ranger, but not quite as much as the BB. I tend to prefer divers though.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'd go for the Ranger as it's a nice all round field watch and that is something that is missing from your collection, for you already have a diver in the U1.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments guys. Keep them coming!

Just a side note, I'm never quite the bracelet guy so either model that I'll be getting will be with the leather strap option.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The Black Bay definitely. The Ranger just doesn't look half as good

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same thoughts ran through my mind between the level of similarity for both the Ranger and my Club Dunkel.
The BBB will definitely provide my collection with something different but I'm a bit like geoff. The more I look at the Ranger, the more I like it.

Maybe it'd be more logical to stick to the BBB I've been lusting for the past couple of months and not be shaken..

·
Registered
302 Posts
I voted Black Bay and would suggest it on the bracelet. I would really need to see the Ranger in person to make a better decision though, in the photos it looks like it has potential but not quite there for me. That being said, there have been many watches that did nothing for me in photos but were stunning in person.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I haven't seen the ranger in real life but still it's gotta be BBB for me and yes get the bracelet, i've got the red bb and i wish i bought it with a bracelet

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I haven't seen it yet, but the Ranger being 42mm feels risky to me. There's no bezel, it could look like a pie plate.

I have a 39mm Nomos, and it feels as 'big' as my 42mm Speedy. I had a 42mm Nomos with an even thicker bezel than that Ranger and it felt positively horsey on my wrist.

Make sure you try them both on.

If I ever break my 'two is enough' rule, the Black Bay is the one I'm getting.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Black Bay.

Somehow new Ranger does not speak to me, and I think it's roughly in same category as your Club Dunkel. BB adds more to your collection IMHO.
I agree with this. The Ranger is too similar on the dial to your Club, and while you have a diver in the U1 it couldn't be more different from the BB. I also agree with others who express concern about the Ranger's size. Don't overthink this one...easy choice here!

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
Black Bay for me too. I like the Ranger. But I'm a big believer in 'first impressions'. You liked the BBB first, and sufficiently to place an order. The Ranger is a stunning watch, of course, but I think it'd be a huge risk to abandon a watch you've wanted badly enough to take a number of significant steps.

From a personal perspective, too, I'd go for the BB. Simply because it appeals to my eye more assuredly than the Ranger. I agree with the comments that the Ranger could look really big on my wrist. If that was a 38 - 40mm watch I'd be quite a bit more tempted.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
BB no bout a doubt it!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts