WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents
I love watches and own various Omegas, Zenith's and Glycine models.

I am from the North East of the UK and seriously would love to get into watch repair and building of same.

However I do not know how to proceed and undertake some instructions to enable to do this. There doesnt seem to be any courses for watch making these days!

Can you guys suggest something and how I can obtain cheap watches to practice on?

Thanks for any help or advise you can offer

Kind regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can buy cheap watches on ebay. Also pick up the 35 chapter Chicago School of Watchmaking CD for $15 on ebay. Another alternative is the NAWCC 2 Part Internet Watch Course for $50/part.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Geoff,
Try asking at you local jewlers. Mine has offered a supply of dead watches once I mentioned my interest. He gets given quite a few, and has no use for them.
As Neg says, the Timezone online course is a great intro - if you search this forum you will find good info on it.
Regards
Dave

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
You can buy cheap watches on ebay. Also pick up the 35 chapter Chicago School of Watchmaking CD for $15 on ebay. Another alternative is the NAWCC 2 Part Internet Watch Course for $50/part.
Do you have the links to the NAWCC course? I was not aware they offered one. Thank you!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your help and advise gents.

Kind Regards

Geoff,
Try asking at you local jewlers. Mine has offered a supply of dead watches once I mentioned my interest. He gets given quite a few, and has no use for them.
As Neg says, the Timezone online course is a great intro - if you search this forum you will find good info on it.
Regards
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts