WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you guys probably know from my previous rants, I have a SBBN007 Tuna Can. I love the watch and have no problems with the occasional scratch on any of my watches. But today at work I put a HUGE one on the crystal--dead on center, almost on top of the point where the two hands attach
:-x if it was on the bezel, shroud, or somewhere on the side area of the face, I would not even care. But this thing is dead center! Every time I look at the watch it is in my faceo|

I bought the watch from Higuchi, and knowing his reputation I am pretty sure he can handle this, I just do not want to send it to Japan. How is Jack at IWW, can he handle the crystal swap, and are there any other options out there.
Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
How is Jack at IWW, can he handle the crystal swap, and are there any other options out there.
Thanks in advance.
Yep, IWW can handle this in their sleep. Check with jack before sending it as to how long a turnaround time you should expect, as he's been very busy of late. Don't quote me on this, but I think there is a Sapphire crystal aftermarket replacement for the seiko hardlex. Not that that's an improvement, but some folks think so. Ask jack about it, he'll be able to give you a definitive answer.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
:-d...Not that it's funny about your watch.....but invariably, whenever there is anything on the windshield of my car, be it Bird poop, Frost, condensation, or whatever, it's always on my side, directly in my vision path!!!!!
Sorry about your watch.

Regards Sonny

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to spoil the party for some of guys, but Jack DOES NOT have a sapfire crystal for the 300m Tuna can. I talked to him on the phone yesterday, and he has a sapfire crystal replacement only for the MM.
Anyway, at least he said he can handle my scrached Tuna Can:-!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:-d...Not that it's funny about your watch.....but invariably, whenever there is anything on the windshield of my car, be it Bird poop, Frost, condensation, or whatever, it's always on my side, directly in my vision path!!!!!
Sorry about your watch.

Regards Sonny

I know dude--MURPHY'S LAW:-|

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I am just saying that yesterday I spoke with Jack, and he said that he does not have a sapphire crystal for Tuna Cans, only for MM, no biggie for me , I like my hardlex:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts