WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have had the battery changed, do they restamp the caseback with the date dot when it next needs changing (Thats the battery), i take it you do keep the original caseback right :think:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
If you take it to your local watchmaker he is not going to stamp a dot on your caseback. After the original dot another one would just be confusing wouldn't it?

Seeing how battery expiration is not an exact science it seems a bit pointless to me.

Nobody is going to change the caseback.

·
Registered
722 Posts
My SLR001 had a battery change by the local seiko agent. There was no new marking on the case back even though theoretically there is still space for it.

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
My SLR001 had a battery change by the local seiko agent. There was no new marking on the case back even though theoretically there is still space for it.
I'd bet if it were an Authorized Seiko Service Center instead of an "agent" who did the work, a new dot would be punched in the caseback above the appropriate date 5 years hence.

Did the "agent" also replace all seals (not just the caseback seal) and pressure test it to 300m?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'd bet if it were an Authorized Seiko Service Center instead of an "agent" who did the work, a new dot would be punched in the caseback above the appropriate date 5 years hence.

Did the "agent" also replace all seals (not just the caseback seal) and pressure test it to 300m?
Dude, the service was done at the ACTUAL SEIKO SERVICE CENTRE in Melbourne. I went to the ACTUAL SEIKO SERVICE CENTRE, of SEIKO AUSTRALIA PTE LTD ie THE MAIN distributor for SEIKO in Australia and New Zealand. NOT a mere "agent". It was NOT a small dinky watchshop where a watchmaker sits behind a worktable full of other watches. Here is the link to the exact address of the SEIKO AUSTRALIA PTE LTD in Melbourne. Thats where i went.

http://www.seiko.com.au/support/sn/Default.asp?agent_id=15

A full servicing, battery change, gaskets replacement and pressure testing was done.
You can bet all you want. I sent in 2 SLRs. The other only had a battery change as the seals were still good. Both did NOT have the dot punched. I know what i am talking about, i have the watch in my hands and i will only send my better watches for servicing etc either at actual Seiko service centres or trusted watchmakers that cater to WIS.

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Dude, the service was done at the ACTUAL SEIKO SERVICE CENTRE in Melbourne. I went to the ACTUAL SEIKO SERVICE CENTRE, of SEIKO AUSTRALIA PTE LTD ie THE MAIN distributor for SEIKO in Australia and New Zealand. NOT a mere "agent". It was NOT a small dinky watchshop where a watchmaker sits behind a worktable full of other watches. Here is the link to the exact address of the SEIKO AUSTRALIA PTE LTD in Melbourne. Thats where i went.

A full servicing, battery change, gaskets replacement and pressure testing was done.
You can bet all you want. I sent in 2 SLRs. The other only had a battery change as the seals were still good. Both did NOT have the dot punched. I know what i am talking about, i have the watch in my hands and i will only send my better watches for servicing etc either at actual Seiko service centres or trusted watchmakers that cater to WIS.
Easy on the caffeine, bro!

How was I supposed to understand all that from:

eh?

.:think:

·
Registered
885 Posts

How much did you pay for a full service on the tuna?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts