WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my 1000th post, I'm going to vent.
I've had this SRP777 for a few years now but only made it a regular wearer about a month ago. Took it in the pool for the first time yesterday, and look at this crap. Pretty disappointed, to say the least.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh, wow , it happened to my watch too (Citizen though) can it be that you didn’t push your crown all the way down? ( at least it what happened to me )

·
Registered
79 Posts
Oh man, that sucks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
sorry, man. on a brighter note, i/ we all hear you and feel your pain (i think, never can be too sure on this internet thing), and ii/ your timing/justification/platform for venting are each impeccable.

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Did you screw the crown?

However the procedure now is to unscrew the back case and let it dry for a while, then reassemble and retest it.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Looks like moisture under the crystal to me. That being said, you might want to take it to your local watchmaker before its too late.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Hate it when that happens..i would take your caseback off and leave it under a moderate wattage lamp mate if the rice draws not full success...may be lubed enough still to not put it in for a overhaul...
Grrr is a good way to put it when this shows up...
Dave

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Take the back off and use a hair dryer

·
Premium Member
61,712 Posts
I’d take it in for a full service PDQ. A diver’s watch shouldn’t do that so I wonder if something went West while it was standing?

·
Registered
767 Posts
I suspect bad gaskets. Either case or crystal. The gaskets in the crown should be water tight regardless of screwed down or not. If you ever read the cosc on divers that all functions of a Diver should work at rated depth plus 20%.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Damn that sucks... let us know if you were able to get some sort of recourse from the manufacturer or dealer.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Had you removed the case back for any reason? It's possible the gasket didn't seat correctly when screwing it back on.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
If it's any solace I got water [literally droplets on the dial] in my Vostok Amphibia last year after the crown unscrewed accidentally.
I'd been mountain biking & the vibration must have loosened the crown.Anyhow I jumped in the pool [I was holidaying in France] & after about a minute noticed the crown was loose.
Long story short I had no tools to take the caseback off so had to wait til I got home,approx a week with water sealed inside the watch.Opened it up when I got back & left if a few days with the back off in the loft with some kitchen roll over the movement to keep dust out.
Sealed it back up & it's still running as well as ever today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts