WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Moderator at Large
52,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When the WatchUSeek Team visited Tutima in December last year (click here to read our report) Tutima showed us their new Grand Flieger an Pilot Sky models. The Sky at €1450 immediately caught my eye, not only because of its look but because of its price as well, a Tutima for €1450, not bad for a watch using the “Made in Glashütte” seal.

7C25AAAB-BF1C-4FAA-925A-7F78C70A9622.jpg

Ultimate eye catchers for me were the Sky models in green and blue. After some consideration I went for the blue dial. The Sky's striking blue along with its polished stainless steel case and the Milanaise bracelet makes it a timepiece that you can’t oversee. An eye-catcher par excellence.

808672D8-059D-4132-B1B2-EEAADD27E0FE.jpeg

For €1450 you get a real Tutima with mesh bracelet, 41-millimeter stainless steel case, day/date indication, automatic Tutima Calibre 330, 25 jewels, polished screws, day/date indication, app. 38 hours of power reserve. Hard to resist ;-).
88EB035C-7F2C-465F-ABDC-A04AA7C18FE9.jpg

Will write a review in due time. Stay tuned though.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Definitely an eye catcher! I liked these the first time I saw them. That blue looks great but I'd take any of the colors.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Very good looking watch and congratulations on the acquisition. I was eyeing the green and blue on websites couple weeks ago and considering purchase. Look forward to your review and additional photos.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I've been eyeing this model at our dealer (RightTime here in Denver) - as you say, the price is certainly right. And it's a handsome watch indeed, like you, I'd go for the blue as well. When you get the chance Mike, I'd love to see some outdoor photos of that dial. Curious how the fume' plays in the bright sunlight.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Handsome, indeed. Especially love the applied hour markers and the contrast of the hands against the blue dial, though I'm not sure how I feel about the bracelet combination.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The Sky at €1450 immediately caught my eye, not only because of its look but because of its price as well, a Tutima for €1450, not bad for a watch using the “Made in Glashütte” seal.
Mike (and others), I'm curious to your thoughts or personal feelings on watches using the "Glashutte" seal. I understand the designation and % of value requirements, but are there some in the watch world that feel it should be limited to automatics or only higher end watches?

I guess a good example would be the Bruno Sohnle watches. Are there some people that feel that though a decent watch at the price point, maybe they are piggybacking on being able to have Glashutte imprinted on their dials for the perceived quality? Thanks....

·
Moderator at Large
52,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There‘s Glashütte and there‘s Glashütte. There are watch makers and watchmakers. Bruno Söhnle, despite being made in Glashütte , isn‘t a brand I‘d ever consider to buy. Clever market strategies cannot hide watchmaking poverty. The money they cash in is based on quartz watches and not on mechanical complications.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Three questions for Mike: (1) Can Tutima switch out the German/English day-date for an English day-date? I'm assuming it's an easy swap as long as you can get the right ETA calendar part; (2) The indices look polished and faceted. That makes me think Grand Seiko(ish). Do they play with the light in the same way as a GS? and (3) can you take pictures of the clasp?

Thanks for posting. I've looked at this one numerous times online. I like what Tutima has done with it, and with the new blue dial/bezel airport model.

·
Moderator at Large
52,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
(1)The ETA 2836 or the Sellita equivalent have a german and english day indication. Almost all.

83E5E30E-74A3-43F6-8F84-0332C3176EA6.jpeg

Why would you change that to english only, would imply extra costs.

(2) Have no GS to compare. However, the applied indexes indeed play with light. In some of the pics I took you see the reflections on the dial. Wait for my review.

(3) Wait for the review.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts