WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
In the grand scheme of watches, no. Even in the smaller perspective, no. There are just much better buys. Seiko comes to mind. I personally rank TW steel with invicta, fossil, diesel, nixon and the like. Though keep in mind that someone may come here and say the same thing but with a good connotation. Unlikely, but it’s all subjective.

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
Which model? If it has a Japanese quartz movements it's probably acceptable, if not well-loved here. Big, brutish watches mostly aren't so much.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just after peoples opinions.....are they made by Raymond Weil?!! Read something along those lines on the internet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
It depends what you define as good. They have quite a unique style so if you see one you like at a price you think is good then go for it. Just be aware though that if you get more into watches at a later stage you might find your interest in the TW Steel diminishes quite quickly.

·
Registered
867 Posts
As fashion items they're not too bad, if you like that sort of thing. I'm not sure they translate well outside the wrong sort of nightclub and certain action movies, though (even if Arnie frequently wears similarly huge watches in public, he is a celebrity and IMO allowed to get away with it). And from a, "Are they good watches, will someone who knows watches consider it a wise choice" perspective, the answer is a resounding, "NO". If you really like huge brash watches and want to make a splash with the glitterati, look at the AP ROO line, and Panerai

·
Premium Member
36,436 Posts
Which model? If it has a Japanese quartz movements it's probably acceptable, if not well-loved here. Big, brutish watches mostly aren't so much.
Agree.

·
Premium Member
22,609 Posts
Just after peoples opinions.....are they made by Raymond Weil?!! Read something along those lines on the internet
The only connection with Raymond Weil is that the founders of TW Steel used to be Raymond Weil distributors (and also Maurice Lacroix) for Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg.

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
You need to look at thing like whether it has sapphire crystal, and whether it is actually water resistant and has good lume etc (if it's a diver).

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Some of the Swiss Made automatic models are okay, if not a little on the large side

·
Registered
20,580 Posts
Any pic of the watch being discussed ?

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
2478_3.jpg

Wow I'm not gonna lie, I wrote off TW Steel a while back after hearing some very negative reviews regarding reliability (granted they were still a fledgling company at that stage) but giving them a second look due to this thread, that TW126 hunk of steel looks pretty darn cool. And reviews state it looks much better in person.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
They're a U-Boat homage. Less expensive, but the designs aren't nearly as good.

sent from my Note 3

1 - 20 of 52 Posts