WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These pics are courtesy of Nene. Most part of Italian readers probably already know these articles and ads, but i think it will be interesting also for non-Italian people.

Here some ads:

Poljot. Translation:
Here are the famous Poljot watches. The watches that are Russian inside and Russian outside. With chronograph or with mechanical alarm. The firsts on the Italy's wrist."

Raketa. Translation:
"Watch, in Russian, is written as "Paketa", but it is read as "Raketa". And in Italian it reads as "fashion"! Because fashion today comes from East - from a new Russia that surprises, entertains, conquests us. Paketa, five models of watches, all originals, uniques, Russians. For the first time, they trespassed the border, only for us...it's a pity to not buy them all! "

Vostok. This is exactly the wonderful advertising that made me fell in love with Russian watches in 1988, when i was a kid (i remember that the ad was printed on a page of "Gente Motori",a car magazine). Here the description is more technical and easily understandable. Note that the watch is a 3AKA3 u-Boot.
Translation of the left column:
"The Soviet submarines fleet is the bigger in the world, and it's one of the pivotal points of the Red Army. The Russian tradition about these machines is very old, although the invention of the submarine is assigned to English people in 1624, the Russian engineer Dzeveckij created, in 1884, the first electric-powered submarine. During the Second World War, the Red Fleet had more submarines quite than classic warships.

Slava. No description for these watches, they were imported in Italy, but in smaller quantity and with less interest by the distributors.

A big "thank you" to Nene, who had the patience to scan many stuff from old Italian magazines.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Old article from the "OROLOGI E NON SOLO" magazine about Raketa watches (i need time to translate it). Courtesy by Nene.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last article - Raketa "Kopernikus" (the model with "sun and moon" hands").
Thanks again to Nene for all this precious material. :-!:-!:-!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts