WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are two straps Hirsch from different sellers, but the same model.
Different colors.
Both made ​​recently, judging from inscriptions and some secondary information.
Surprisingly significantly different textures of straps.

Brown - solid, dense, slightly grainy.

Black - small cracks, wrinkles (patina?) that appear when bent.

How is it possible - so different leather (treatment) and quality from such a reputable manufacturer?

Thanks in advance for any opinions and sorry about dust on photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
How is it possible - so different leather (treatment) and quality from such a reputable manufacturer?
You realize leather is the skin harvested from a real live animal, right? Not sure what your expectations were, but both of those straps look awesome, and the fact that they're different is completely expected.

·
Premium Member
36,137 Posts
I think the variance makes them interesting as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You realize leather is the skin harvested from a real live animal, right? Not sure what your expectations were, but both of those straps look awesome, and the fact that they're different is completely expected.
Many thanks for the clarification. I really needed a confirmation that such a huge difference is acceptable.
This model is the cheapest of Hirsch alligators. Perhaps more expensive models have a more predictable texture?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Honestly, they look fantastic. One of the attractions of a natural product is that no 2 pieces are alike. I doubt you will find more consistency by spending more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts