WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first is a 1989-'90 "L" Series Rolex AirKing. It comes with papers, but no box.

The second is a 1986 18k/SS Tudor Oyster Prince Date-Day with a black dial.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As always, beautiful--well done!! :-!
Now I will have something to pass down, that will retain its value or appreciate in value. I was in a mood last night for a Tudor and I decided to bid on this one. I didn't think I would win as my bid was only $10 above the max ninety minutes before the end time. The Rolex was another impulse buy. I love the classic styling of the AirKing. I think it's one of Rolex's most under appreciated lines.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
I understand there is a wide range of tastes in collecting. I am sure there is much of interest in the Tudor and Rolex lines. And I am sure they will do a good job of holding their value against others. But vintage in general is also an area where the individual pieces do a good job of holding their value.

There is an uplift for Rolex and Tudor and some people will pay it and that makes them worth it.

Unfortunately I'd probably have to sell watches to buy one of them. So I can't.

The Tudor is beautiful... as one would expect from this style by Tudor.

The only thing I know about AirKings is one of the US presidential candidates in the last election wore one. So you should post a pic... if not here, at least tell us where.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand there is a wide range of tastes in collecting. I am sure there is much of interest in the Tudor and Rolex lines. And I am sure they will do a good job of holding their value against others. But vintage in general is also an area where the individual pieces do a good job of holding their value.

There is an uplift for Rolex and Tudor and some people will pay it and that makes them worth it.

Unfortunately I'd probably have to sell watches to buy one of them. So I can't.

The Tudor is beautiful... as one would expect from this style by Tudor.

The only thing I know about AirKings is one of the US presidential candidates in the last election wore one. So you should post a pic... if not here, at least tell us where.
Here is a picture of the AirKing. It's a simple no date Rolex. It reminds me of my Explorer.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Congratulations man, two really sweet watches. Especially like the Air-King, typifies all that used to be good in a Rolex.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,881 Posts
Ah, now you're talking! Easily the same quality as the Rolex and much rarer. It always beats me how Rolexes manage to keep their value so well when there are simply millions of them around. Oh well, as long as there are enough people queueing up for them, I guess that market economics do the rest.....

Hartmut Richter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts