WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I was a boy, I often pretended doing my homework on my daddy's desk, actually I was enjoying two watches, one is Dongfeng, another is JiXing. Dongfeng did not work, the second hand just ran 1 round even I fully wound it. JiXing worked, I was really attracted by the Chinese 軍用 (means military use), I guess every Chinese boy was fan of military stuff (gun toys...).

Definitely the JiXing is on my "want list", lucky to get two recently.

Here are pictures:

orignal size

original size

These two look similar cause yellow lamp light. One is gold, the other is silver.

Then side by side

original size

original size

original size
The Chinese "吉林手表厂" means JiLin watch factory, my hometown is in JiLin province, northeast of China, adjacent to North Korea and Russia, so I have special feeling with JiXing

original size

With my two Shanghai

original size

The box is for my SEA-GULL M222S, someday it will be fully filled by vintage watches...

original size

original size

original size

I checked the accuracy of the gold one, it runs more than -90 seconds per day, I guess it needs to be clean and oiled.

Just do not know why the gold coat was not fade in more than 20 years, I googled the model, it was built and on duty in 80s for second phase China-Vietnam war. Several models was built at that time, the round shape model was for low level officer and square shape model (I enjoyed when I was boy) was for high level officer. All of them are with TongJi movement.

Lumi works well, the condition looks very good.

·
Registered
902 Posts
It's odd how I am not able to view pictures (happens quite often); simply nothing there, just a big empty space! I want to see!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Sad, I can't see the pictures of the OP either. So I just assume they look same like mine below. 32mm diameter, nice little watches.

Now, in case testdig's (the OP) ISP happens to be China Unicom then he will not see my pictures (Unicom blocks 2 of the 5 flickr image servers), but if he's on Shanghai Telecom he will be able to see them.

Gold toned:

Plain steel:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yes, cnmark, your assumption is right. Pictures you took are better than mine :-!
Do not know what's wrong with live space... Maybe some of servers owned by MS were down, it worked well 10 hours ago.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Yes, cnmark, your assumption is right. Pictures you took are better than mine :-!
Do not know what's wrong with live space... Maybe some of servers owned by MS were down, it worked well 10 hours ago.
Thanks for liking my pictures :thanks.

The Jilin watch factory made similar watches also under the Hangtian (航天) brand:

Pictures:
Sorry, all your pictures (in the other posts as well, ST6-D3 and Seagull M310S) appear to be gone. Tip: As you can see my images, you should have no problems using flickr or photobucket for your images.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I think uploading pictures using the WUS way (not pasting them into the text, but uploading them so the user have to click to view them) should be a safe way to do it...

Cool watches by the way!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WUS has size limitation for pictures, that's why I prefer to upload them to some online space, I guess MS has recovered their server cause I could see pictures now.

I think uploading pictures using the WUS way (not pasting them into the text, but uploading them so the user have to click to view them) should be a safe way to do it...

Cool watches by the way!

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,352 Posts
Testdig: what a beautiful post about your Jixing and your collection. Terrific photos, too.

You as well, cnmark: wonderful shots.

Jixing and Hangtian are uniquely designed--recognizable in an instant!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.