WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
Ralco looks 1940's to me.
Here is Mikrolisk entries, so this is a Movado name.
Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index

Don't recognize the shock protection on the Moeris.
The watch looks older, maybe teens or twenties, but that anti shock is a surprise to say the least!
Still on a smart(ish) phone, so not much zoom capability either. :-(

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
And what concerns Moeris: This is a Swiss (what else) watchmaker, who came to the market with different names. The company was founded in 1893 in St. Imier, Switzerland, as Uhrenfabrik (watch and clock factory) Moeri & Jeanneret, by Fritz Moeri and Albert Jeanneret. As from 1899, the company appeared as Fritz Moeri, Succ. (successors) De Moeri Jeanneret. In May 1904, the company registered the brand name Civitas. Around 1918, the company was converted into a share company under the name Fritz Moeri S.A. As from that date, the brand name Moeris was used. So your watch is past 1918, but that is kinda obvious even without this information.

The company was liquidated in 1970 (you guessed it, the quartz crisis...), but was indirectly kept alive, as Tissot bought the brand name and all the patents.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ralco looks 1940's to me.
Here is Mikrolisk entries, so this is a Movado name.
Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index

Don't recognize the shock protection on the Moeris.
The watch looks older, maybe teens or twenties, but that anti shock is a surprise to say the least!
Still on a smart(ish) phone, so not much zoom capability either. :-(
I think it is a reflection from camera rather than shock protection.. will get a better photo later..

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Oh I like these red twelves of our morries...until now I didn't grab one but one day :) ...their fashion aera start at the beginning twenties. The absence of a shock protection match with this aera.
RALCO is a acronym for the Ditisheim brothers Roger, Armand, Lucin & Co (RAL Co) . Ralco starts as a "cheap line" next to movado with foreign movements but with the beginning of the twentees they also made high quality watches especially their chronographs with split seconds. By the time they mainly produce for export and get a independent company.

Nice double
Silke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts