WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oris have announced a couple of Special Editions to the Aquis range, interestingly one in the original design and one in the 2017 version:

Oris Aquis Depth Gauge SE:
IMG_0622.JPG

And the Oris Aquis "Hammerhead" in the 2017 Aquis design. Interestingly this is the first time that the Aquis has had a Day Date complication, similar in layout to the Oris Williams (except for the Oris Great Barrier Reef II which had a rotating Day complication). Not sure of the case size of this one, but it is rated to 500m. While I like Day Dates, unfortunately it's placement upsets the Aquis' dial typical symmetry.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
The hammerhead looks great with the grey dial and black bezel. And that blue second hand... Wow!

The case size on the hammerhead is listed at 45.5 mm. I wonder what the lug to lug is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hammerhead looks great with the grey dial and black bezel. And that blue second hand... Wow!

The case size on the hammerhead is listed at 45.5 mm. I wonder what the lug to lug is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I will be very interested to see it in person. Love the combination of grey sunray dial with blue seconds and seconds hand. Love the case back too (I'm a bit over exhibition case backs, actually).

Oris is SLAYING IT with their new designs!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Does one really need a day on the dial with the date. Usually, I can remember the day but the date can sometimes escape me. When I'm in the water, I've never wondered what the day is. As for the watch with the depth gauge on it, this is a feature no one needs. All divers will have a depth gauge both on their gauge pack and also in their computers. Having another on the watch is a complication that just causes the service to cost more. They are also less accurate than stamdard depth gauges.

·
Registered
115 Posts
:):):):
nowadays nowbody needs a watch as you have a mobile phone all the time.... so why even bother buying automatic watch:)
additionally automatic watches are less accurate than quartz.

conclusion: do you really think that complication like day or gauge are suppose to be used like a measurement instruments or they are just cool features for watch enthusiasts?

Wysłane z mojego SM-N920C przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I'm not a fan of day complications, either (especially on a dive watch...it just throws off the aesthetic). However, the "real" pix with the white font on dark background date wheel (vs. the corporate/photo-shopped pix with black font on white date wheel) look MUCH better!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts