WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests, I've ordered two Seikos from Katsu-san at Higuchi - who I would add was very responsive and professional in dealing with my various inquiries. I owned a Seiko as a kid, and while my watch love/obsession has evolved into many other brands over the past 30 years or so, when I saw a SCVS003 on this forum, then a SARB029 and after some online looking, I ordered an SCVS003 and SARB027 from Katsu-san. Classic looking watches, and I'm pretty excited about seeing/owning them in person!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot - here are a couple pics off the web (not mine, thanks to the original photographers) of the two models I ordered. Beautiful watches! The pics were from Seiya-san, his website is closed due to illness - Get well Seiya-san...

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
Two nice additions to your collection!

Enjoy, and wear them in good health!

Kind regards from the Netherlands,

Joram Krol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great looking watches. Well, the website is back up so I assume Seiya-san is feeling a bit better.

·
Registered
9,242 Posts
Hello, I placed an order w/ Seiya Japan last week and have had communications, perhaps his wife is helping, but e-mails are signed by him? Waiting on shipping # on a Japan only Seiko SBQK081. I like the watches you ordered, I like the classic look I have a 1966 Omega Seamaster De Ville SS that looks similar(got it new, when I was young, single and had more disposable income!) Was it quick dealing w/ Higuchi? How long did transit time take?
regards, Dr. Robert

·
Registered
9,242 Posts
hello BFH, I just got my first Japan only watch purchase. I dealt w/ Seiya-san from Seiya Japan. Got a sweet Seiko SS "Explorer 1"/pilot/military homage model. It took me a few e-mails to get him going but after a couple of days (maybe he had to wait for paypal?) it was shipped and from Tokyo post office to my hands 4days! Pretty quick. I will deal w/ him again but next deal will be w/ Higuchi- spread the love!
regards Dr. Robert

·
Registered
9 Posts
As the title suggests, I've ordered two Seikos from Katsu-san at Higuchi - who I would add was very responsive and professional in dealing with my various inquiries. I owned a Seiko as a kid, and while my watch love/obsession has evolved into many other brands over the past 30 years or so, when I saw a SCVS003 on this forum, then a SARB029 and after some online looking, I ordered an SCVS003 and SARB027 from Katsu-san. Classic looking watches, and I'm pretty excited about seeing/owning them in person!
Two great looking watches you've ordered! Not too long ago I got my Sumo from Katsu-san, great (and lightning fast!) service. I was so impressed by the Sumo I like you recently got the SCVS003 (pre-owned but mint) and I love it. Great looking watch and accurate to within a few seconds/day. I also find the SARB027 a beatiful piece but for me I think it will be the SCVS013 on an SCVS011 bracelet next :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts