WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second T-Graph, the Sharkhunter, arrived today. There is not much I can say that hasn't already been said about these spectacular watches. Both the Pro and Sharkie have a personality of their own, and I can't say which I prefer, they are both gorgeous in their own way. The gentleman that I bought it from had purchased the newer thicker screw link bracelet for it. I asked the forum last week for some comparison pics or dimension info, but nobody replied, so I thought I'd post some pics to help those of you that might be considering upgrading the bracelet on your older models. Let me say that in my opinon, the newer thicker bracelet is a much better match for the T-Graph, balancing the heft of the head better and visually just looks like a better match. A great improvement.

So there you have it... my second Doxa in only 3 weeks... will it end here?... I doubt it.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
wow, that is definitely thicker...

it looks nice. I wonder if the screw pin really needs that much more mass in the link. Anyway, your two of a kind looks like a great pair!
DW

ps: I noticed that the screw-down pushers are backed out: was that just for the photo or do you wear them like that?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: wow, that is definitely thicker...

it looks nice. I wonder if the screw pin really needs that much more mass in the link. Anyway, your two of a kind looks like a great pair!
DW

ps: I noticed that the screw-down pushers are backed out: was that just for the photo or do you wear them like that?
Thanks, I couldn't be happier with them. Yes, the difference in thickness is dramatic. I expected a slight diference, but the new style is way thicker, heavier and stiffer. A welcome change IMHO. I would think the thickness change is not due to the screw links specifically, but more of a cosmetic and balance improvement.

Yes I wear them with the pushers unscrewed most of the time as I tend to time things quite often. I hate it when I want to time something and have to unscrew the pushers first.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Another thing I noticed that has changed. The Professional 's date wheel is now identical to the Sharkhunters. the first T-Graphs had the vertical date orientation wheras the newer Professional and the Sharkhunter have the horizonal date orientation

Here's mine, notice the difference in the numbers orientation on the date wheel. I actually prefer yours as it seems to be easier to read the date. When you glance down at the watch with your elbow at 90 degrees, I'm lookint at my date sideways.

When did Doxa change the date wheels on the Pro T-Graphs?

Arthur

·
Registered
688 Posts
Another thing I noticed that has changed. The Professional 's date wheel is now identical to the Sharkhunters. the first T-Graphs had the vertical date orientation wheras the newer Professional and the Sharkhunter have the horizonal date orientation

When did Doxa change the date wheels on the Pro T-Graphs?

Arthur

According to Doxa they get the movements from their supplier both ways, and they put them in the T-Graph as they receive them, so you could get either one when you order...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Nice pair of T's .... I bought two with the view of keeping one ... still got them both, they are a great pieces of kit :-!

Both mine have pin and collar type bracelets, interesting to see the comparison.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts