WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Two Tone Submariner VS Two Tone Daytona

5K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Stockegsix 
#1 ·
So I’m trying to decide between a new TT Sub VS TT Daytona. Both are obviously amazing watches. This will be my very first Rolex, so I’ve heard the Sub is definitely a classic and a great first watch.

I like the bezel and clean dial of the Sub more; for some reason the chrono circles on the dial of the Daytona throw me off a bit. But I saw the white dial today and thought it was gorgeous, especially the contrast with the yellow gold. But then again, the contrast of the black dial with the yellow gold on the Sub is always beautiful. As a whole I’m leaning more towards the Sub, but just wanted to hear your thoughts.

This will be my every day watch, and I kinda feel like the Sub is more versatile? What do you guys think?

#3 ·
In stainless steel, I’d take a Daytona over a Sub without hesitation. In two tone, through, I find the all gold bezel of the Daytona to be a bit too much gold/bling. I’d vote for the Sub of the options you listed, but would take either in stainless steel over anything in two tone.

#4 ·
In two tone, I also would say Sub. Two tone is a unique look not suited to everyone. I think two tone, done well, can look pretty sharp. But it can also look a little too blingy (if that’s a word). Sub, in this case, is done better I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.