WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG - I am so glad I found this place. Thanks. My blue Mako is a wonder to behold. I am mesmerized by it. I need to go to a jewelers to get the bracelet adjusted.

AS for the Croton ($39.99) it is huge but looks very nice (on its own) put it next to the Mako and ..... but I am happy - it'll do what it needs to.

Cheers

·
Registered
749 Posts
Congrats on the Mako, it really is a pleasure to look at but even better when it is resting on your wrist.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You can probably adjust the bracelet yourself. Check the forum for the threads that talk about it.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. My mako is on the way, should be here on Thursday or Friday. I am so excited about it. Look up on how to adjust the bracelet on the forum. There are helpful tips on this.

Yogev

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - I will post some photos when I get a chance. Never heard of Orient before these forums - what an amazing watch and so beautiful to look at!

Not sure I am confident enough to adjust by myself - but I will look to see what I can do.

I have a Seiko Kinetic for which I am going to attempt to change the capacitor for. It doesn't work now so worse case scenario.... It'll be no better!

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bracelet resized - none of the Jewellers in the Mall wanted to do it (something about Xmas and busy) finally akinda not too happy - but very competent guy at Sears did it for $8 (it took quite a few goes to get it right) but now on my wrist and lookin fine!
Pics to follow

An aside - caught a glimpse of the watch as driving, and nearly crashed into traffic (must remember to not look at watch when driving :)
Cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bracelet resized - none of the Jewellers in the Mall wanted to do it (something about Xmas and busy) finally akinda not too happy - but very competent guy at Sears did it for $8 (it took quite a few goes to get it right) but now on my wrist and lookin fine!
Pics to follow

An aside - caught a glimpse of the watch as driving, and nearly crashed into traffic (must remember to not look at watch when driving :)
Cheers
The guy that did mine did it for $10 and it took less than five minutes. That means his hourly rate for watch sizing is $120. Sorry, but anyone complaining about being too busy, or just unhappy to do a simple service for $120/hr, doesn't deserve my business.

In a perfect world I would take it to someone who enjoys working on watches and gaining loyal customers. In reality, however, I probably would have done what you did and took what I could get :)

Looking forward to seeing your pics...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi there - I have to say that it has not left my wrist since it arrived (apart from taking the photo of the croton) It has great weight and presence, and the blue is amazing - it appears to change in the ambient light. Photos do not do it any justice either in its presence or colour. I was at a meeting this afternoon and found myself staring at it - so did the person holding the meeting (serves him right for having a meeting at 4 on a Friday!)
I would never have heard about this brand if it wasn't for this place - my wife may not be as happy! But the Mako is now the Xmas present so can't complain
Cheers

·
Registered
167 Posts
I offically have too many watches. I own one of those Makos and this thread made me want to wear it.

But I cant find it :-s

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I offically have too many watches. I own one of those Makos and this thread made me want to wear it.

But I cant find it :-s
You could always get another one in a different color...but then that exacerbates the too many watches problem, doesn't it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts