WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, do any of you wear Tel watches? I am thinking of getting a smart watch but still want to wear my existing mechanicals so one on each arm.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I have seen people who wear a fitbit or the like and a watch, but not a full blown smart watch and a regular watch. I say go for it.

·
Registered
10,718 Posts
Probably about as often as some folks wear socks that don't match, their pants on backwards, and their shirts inside out--some folks just don't care--do what you want--if think you really need two, three or whatever watches to get you through the day, go for it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I wear a smart watch when I work out so that it loads to Strava;-)

I can’t remember where I saw it but there was a watchband that replaced the clasp with the sliders that attach an apple watch. Basically the Apple Watch would be worn under your wrist and your main watch on top using the same strap. I remember thinking that the Apple watch was gonna get scratched to pieces being worn that way but didn’t look too bad overall.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Fitbit on one hand and regular watch in the other one, not sure if I'll replace the Fitbit with a smart watch as they are still bulky...

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Just out of curiosity, do any of you wear Tel watches? I am thinking of getting a smart watch but still want to wear my existing mechanicals so one on each arm.

Cheers
Most states have a law that echoes the federal law against anyone wearing more than one watch at one time on their person. You can do it but if you're caught the fine can be substantial and their is a risk of jail time.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Oh the humanity!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most states have a law that echoes the federal law against anyone wearing more than one watch at one time on their person. You can do it but if you're caught the fine can be substantial and their is a risk of jail time.
Good job I'm not in America then

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would support one on each arm. If you go more than that, you have to think about whether the multiple watches are horologically compatible. Tudor and Rolex on the same arm? I would say no. Omega Speedmaster and Sturmanskie Vostok? probably OK. Round and square G-Shocks on the same arm? Doesn't work; you would have to go up 3, round-square-round or square-round-square

·
Premium Member
36,227 Posts
To each his/her own.

If you like wearing two watches at the same time, then you should experience twice the enjoyment.....

·
Premium Member
71,325 Posts
It’s surprisingly common in my neck of the woods with people wearing a traditional watch on the traditional wrist and a fitness tracker on the other. I see no reason why a smart watch can’t replace the fitness tracker.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have decided no and going with the fitness band option. Would like a smart watch but prefer my mechanicals

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
I've done this every day for the past ten months. Conventional watch on one wrist, smart watch on the other, the former for the time, the latter as a medical monitor, weather display, navigation assistant, hands-free kitchen timer, calendar, noise monitor, phone accessory, etc.

I never got into the mode of wearing more than one conventional watch at a time except for taking multiples to watch get-togethers, but I admire the devotion of those who do.

·
Registered
15,650 Posts
We've had plenty of threads on this topic already.

I used to do this, and only stopped because I no longer have a use for a Smart watch.

It was never a problem, people very rarely commented, and it worked well for me, allowing the additional functionality of a Smart watch with the added benefit of allowing me to indulge in my other watches.

It's becoming more and more mainstream anyway...

SOoO many watches, SOoO little time...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts