WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
12,038 Posts
That's why they are dumping them cheap at the Timex outlets...I guess service is going to be a bear to get if needed.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Yep, saw them yesterday at the outlet, beauties being let go for $150! I may go back and grab another one to add to the stable.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Checked the Timefactory store north of Toronto in Canada a few weeks ago and there were no TX watches there, and most of the AD's around still have them at regular MSRP, so somebody might have forgot to tell Timex Canada that TX is no more!

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I was in the Timex store earlier this week and struck up a conversation about them with the manager there. He said they are indeed discontinued due to low sales. The name just wasn't recognizable and they never sold alot. I gather that in combination with the rather high prices when they were initially released meant low sales. He said they have a ton left though and should still be in Timex stores for another year or so before the stock is exhausted. I almost bought the titanium aviator model for upwards of $600 but the case size was a little too big for me. It's a shame because they're now $150. I'd still pick them up asap because you never know when they'll be gone for good. Hope that helps :-!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I picked up a world timer (T3C473) yesterday at their outlet. They had several styles to choose from but no linear chronographs :-(. It was a tough decision but I liked the look of this model the most. I wonder if the price will drop even more in the future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are the TX watches selling for a discount at Timex (not Timefactory) stores? There's a Timex store about three and a half hours away from me (Albany), and for $150 or less it would be worth the drive.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Funny, there's still a ton of them on the 'bay for $200-$300-and up, gonna be some "doh!" B" buyers when they walk into an outlet and see these at a buck and a half

·
Registered
23 Posts
Prior to seeing this thread and an example of the 730 flyback in the 'If you could keep only one' thread, I'd never hear of the TX line of times watches. With the these sale prices, I had to take a further look

There's a TimeFactory outlet about 40 minutes from me so I gave them a call to see what kind of inventory they had. I was looking at the 730 series flyback chrono with a white face and stainless strap, but they didn't have any in stock. I wound up buying one with the black leather strap with white stiching (T3B941) and am overall pretty happy with the purchase. They're decent looking watches, the finish on the case and face is very nice and it comes with a sapphire crystal, but they don't have what I would call 'high end' movements. The movement is not particularly smooth (I know its a quartz, but it's a bit more 'jerky' than my higher end quartz watches) and the second hand lines up with less than half the markers. Also the bezel is pretty difficult to move. For the original $450 list price, I don't think I'd have even looked at the watch, but at $160 out the door with tax, I'm very happy.

For those that don't have a TimeFactory outlet near you, they will ship to you for $10 (at least the one near me would have). Give them a call and see what they have in stock....

Thanks for turning me onto a to a nice affordable.

Michael

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.