WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas about where I could pick up a bezel insert for a type II?

I'm babysitting this MiM and it struck me as odd why you would not fit an hour bezel insert instead of the minutes. I found an earlier thread that suggested Ray as he does a similar homage and Bill, but neither of them bring in the parts separately. I'm pretty sure it will be similar size but appreciate any suggestions and I can start to track down

Cheers

·
4,410 Posts
I'm not so sure the parts would fit. We may be talking about very slight differences, but that all it takes with watches for something to be completely incompatible. Too wide, too thick, too skinny… either way it would never sit right and would take so much work to even get it to fit 'kind off' and it would almost always look terrible.

Almost none, if not all, of the Type cases, be it actual issue Benrus' stuff or latter homage stuff have parts compatibility of any kind between brands.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Strela, real shame :( it's interesting this has a 19mm lug width which I think is the same spec as the original type ii's as they had an imperial strap size. I figured there might be a bit of fudging.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts