WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, my search skills are not up to it today...

I'm thinking about adding a U1 to the list for the coming year, but I have a fairly small wrist, so I was wondering if there were any wrist shots out there on wrists of similar size. My wrist is 6.75", although it is wide rather than deep, I wear up to about 44mm watches OK (had a Marcello C Tridente), with about 50-52mm lug to lug as my limit.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

I'm thinking about adding a U1 to the list for the coming year, but I have a fairly small wrist, so I was wondering if there were any wrist shots out there on wrists of similar size. My wrist is 6.75", although it is wide rather than deep, I wear up to about 44mm watches OK (had a Marcello C Tridente), with about 50-52mm lug to lug as my limit.

Thanks in advance!
I'm about your wrist size; had to cut the rubber strap to the last holes and then found it a tad snug at times due to variations in my hydration throughout the day. Got a very similar rubber strap at panatime.com with a traditional buckle, and it is much more comfy now. i was hesitant, as a Doxa 750 i had seemed a bit large for my wrist, but the U1 wears very flat and seems quite proportionate. I don't have wrist shots, and was again almost put off by a shot in the owners experience thread of a guy with a pretty small wrist, but mine wears fine....I say, go for it! u won't be dissapointed!:gold :-! |>

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, might well have to go on the list, then!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't let the dark side sway you, Dave...the hands are awesome:-d :p
I initially didn't like the hands, but they have grown on me over time for some reason. Now I quite like them! Mind you, I didn't like the crosshairs/yellow seconds on my DA36 when I first saw them, now I really like those... guess I'm just fickle! :-d

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I initially didn't like the hands, but they have grown on me over time for some reason. Now I quite like them! Mind you, I didn't like the crosshairs/yellow seconds on my DA36 when I first saw them, now I really like those... guess I'm just fickle! :-d

A fickle WIS?!?!?!? surely you jest?:-! :-! :-! :-!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Mine on 7" wrist. It's a big, heavy watch, but ohhhhh so comfortable.....

Best, Mike

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike, thanks for that pic! I think it more or less answers another question I have, which is about the fitted rubber strap; does the strap stick out from the case too rigidly for the first section? I tried a 42mm Omega PO with the rubber on it and found that while the watch head was a fine fit, the rubber strap was extremely rigid around the lug and wouldn't curve down to conform to my wrist properly, leaving a gap. Is this the case with the Sinn?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Dave,

The rubber strap on the Sinn curves out of the lugs and fits very well. I understand what you are saying about some rubber straps sticking out from your wrist on larger watches, but this is not the case with the Sinn.

Best, Mike

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Mike! Well, that clinches it, the U1 has been added to this year's list :-!

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Dave,

The rubber strap on the Sinn curves out of the lugs and fits very well. I understand what you are saying about some rubber straps sticking out from your wrist on larger watches, but this is not the case with the Sinn.

Best, Mike
...and if you want another option, panatime.com sells an almost identical strap with a traditional tang buckle for $15 or so...wearing one on mine as we speak....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dave,

My wrist is about the same size. Check out my post with photos at: https://www.watchuseek.com/member.php?u=4067

Also, you may want to consider getting the U1 rubber strap with the small deployment clasp. With the small deployment clasp, you don't have to cut off nearly as much of the strap for it to fit.

Ned

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi,

before any real interesting on buying a big size mechanical watch I have seen the U2 and I found it very very nice. Than I went to the Sinn factory and wear all three U-models. And - for my luck - the U2 was the fittest model for my small wrist (17 cm). The U1 looks - same diameter - very bigger. The reason of this is the totally other design.

My opinion: Try the U2 (if you love the design) or wait for the U3. This model (first pic in german forum - perhaps a fake, nobody knows it) has only 41 mm diameter and looks similar the U1. WR should be 30 bar and Argon filling.

cheers
U2inSpe

·
Registered
145 Posts
My opinion: Try the U2 (if you love the design) or wait for the U3. This model (first pic in german forum - perhaps a fake, nobody knows it) has only 41 mm diameter and looks similar the U1. WR should be 30 bar and Argon filling.

cheers
U2inSpe
Hey U2inSpe, did I read wrongly or did you made a typo? U3? :think: For once you nearly killed me there! I was thinking, "oh no, not another U watch? Its gonna burn my pocket again!" :-d

But seriously I couldn't see the pic of a supposed U3 when I visited the German Watch Forum, care to lead me to the correct path?

Will be looking forward to see that picture mate!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi,

sorry, I will not directly link to an another forum (equal if german, or not). Therefore here is this pic (note: not from me, source "from the internet", not sure, is it really or a fake, sorry).

Look here:

cheers
U2inSpe

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sharks! There really is a U3! :-! Pardon my ignorance!

Thanks U2inSpe.... I 'm gonna check out the specs now! Hope they have a English version.....

Cheers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

sorry, I will not directly link to an another forum (equal if german, or not). Therefore here is this pic (note: not from me, source "from the internet", not sure, is it really or a fake, sorry).

Look here:

cheers
U2inSpe
It does not exists. It's just the work of a Sinn enthusiast with Photoshop...
I contacted yesterday Sinn-Frankfurt on the issue and they confirmed to me that there it doesn't exists and that there is no plan to make it...

Rgds

·
Registered
145 Posts
It does not exists. It's just the work of a Sinn enthusiast with Photoshop...
I contacted yesterday Sinn-Frankfurt on the issue and they confirmed to me that there it doesn't exists and that there is no plan to make it...

Rgds
arrrggghhhhh........ :-s for once... (its kinda early for an april fool's joke is it....)

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
sorry, I will not directly link to an another forum (equal if german, or not).
I have spoken with Markus who runs the German Sinn Forum, and we have agreed to establish friendly relations between our fora, for the mutual benefit of our memberships.

I will make an announcement shortly. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts