WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week was in Frankfurt and I stole an hour from my work to visit for an hour the Sinn factory and test among the others the U1000.

The watch is outstanding in terms of: "head turning" (appealing) factor, design, quality, technology and functionality.

It 's a "form follows function" watch.
60 minutes counter like a mini regoulateur.
Stealth constant seconds.
Big pushers.
Left hand side operation.
Great hands.

It has a very good balanced wrist feeling.

What can I say? I LIKE IT!

Regards
Dimitris

· Banned
370 Posts
Great pictures, Dimitris! Looks actually better on your pics than on those I've seen so far. The black one is quite nice! Looks like you got the right wrist size for this monster. :)

I still dislike the pushers however, but I guess it's really form follows function here.

· Registered
1,070 Posts
Dimitris, Thanks for sharing the photos!!! :-!

I am willing to admit that I dislike it less now that I have seen some more "real photos" of the U1000. I'm guessing it will be one of those things that you have to get used to, have them grow on you.

Still not totally sold on it, but I really do like that larger minute subdial. Like Dimitris said, it looks like a mini regulator. The elapsed minute function is the one I use most when I use the chrono function on my watches.

Great pics! Thanks for posting them! :-!

DJ

· Banned
3,727 Posts
Fantastisch! I really am starting to think this one is going to be very cool. It does look a lot better in these actual pictures than the advert shots. The wrist shots are great. Good question posed earlier Dimitris, What is your wrist size?

It looks great on the rubber strap and I am not really a big fan of them. I can't wait to see the Tegimented PVD bracelet or how it looks on a Zulu strap.

· Registered
2,608 Posts
Hi Dimitris, thanks for posting up with these great wrist shots.

Yup, I really like the black model with the rubber. I really don't need a chrono as the bezel usually handles any kind of timing I might need. What really is interesting to me and might tempt me to purchase one is the double viton gasket seals and four c/s capsules. The ramping up of the attempts to secure and maintain a pure micro-climate intrigues me and is right up my alley as a dedicated watch for winter activities like snowmobiling. I always strap my U2 to my glove when out blasting the trails. It's usually pretty damn cold when I go out for a ride...part and parcel of living up here in the north with our long and nasty winters. The drastic temp changes going in and out necessitate this kind of watch.

On a big black leather snowmobiling glove the black U1000 on rubber would just blend in perfectly. But at almost a third the price of a brand new snowmobile, hmmmm.

Your wrist shots are really tempting me though.

Thanks again Dimitris

· Registered
61 Posts
I had the opportunity to try on the U1000 yesterday in the show room, it made my U2 feel small in comparison, but I found it well balanced on the wrist, it doesn't feel overly tall at all. (7.8 inch wrist 200mm)

I suppose I'd never thought about it, but it was a strange feeling to operate the pushers the "other" way round, I mean the stop/start pusher is the lower, with the reset above, I'm used to using my index finger to stop/start, it was slightly strange to use the thumb (either that or rotate your hand around 180 deg!), never the less it all operated smoothly with firm action on the pushers. The size of the pushers feel balanced with the overall size of the watch

I found the stealth second interesting, in that it's there when you want it, and fades out of view when you take a quick look. For me it presents a better solution to the 756's lack of a second hand, and it feels more appropriate than the small second hand on a Damasko. Initially, on seeing the small hands I thought that they were a bit odd, but close up they do grow on you!

This is one serious watch, it won't suit everybody, it's really an outdoors type of watch (it would do serious damage to a desk:)

It will be interesting to see how it looks and wears on a bracelet.

Oh, and it really works in black!

Derek M.

· G-Shock Mod
14,492 Posts
i agree on having a stealth second hand works much better having none

i can even have more "stealth", i don't need to see it most of the time, except for when i need to sync my watch or when i need to "see" that the watch is running

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

My wrist is 20cm. U1000 is a big watch and I was wondering how could be this brick on my wrist. But it is well designed and on my wrist it was fine:p.

Regards
Dimitris

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had the opportunity to try on the U1000 yesterday in the show room, it made my U2 feel small in comparison, but I found it well balanced on the wrist, it doesn't feel overly tall at all. (7.8 inch wrist 200mm)

I suppose I'd never thought about it, but it was a strange feeling to operate the pushers the "other" way round, I mean the stop/start pusher is the lower, with the reset above, I'm used to using my index finger to stop/start, it was slightly strange to use the thumb (either that or rotate your hand around 180 deg!), never the less it all operated smoothly with firm action on the pushers. The size of the pushers feel balanced with the overall size of the watch

I found the stealth second interesting, in that it's there when you want it, and fades out of view when you take a quick look. For me it presents a better solution to the 756's lack of a second hand, and it feels more appropriate than the small second hand on a Damasko. Initially, on seeing the small hands I thought that they were a bit odd, but close up they do grow on you!

This is one serious watch, it won't suit everybody, it's really an outdoors type of watch (it would do serious damage to a desk:)

It will be interesting to see how it looks and wears on a bracelet.

Oh, and it really works in black!

Derek M.
Exactly the same thoughts Derek :-!

Regards
Dimitris

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.