WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_6553.JPG

Hi everyone. Trying to educate myself much better in world of vintage watches and came across this UG watch. I notice the dial lume is much brighter than it should be. Something is also off about the lume- is it smudged? Seller did not provide pics of movement or back case but I’m inclined to believe the crystal has been changed as well as the hands. What else can you folks say about the watch that it’s not “all original”? Watch is supposedly from 1940s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
I'd like to see better photos, but most likely it's a redial; the outer track looks pretty sloppy and uneven at first glance and the font doesn't look very good. Hands are also re-lumed.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to see better photos, but most likely it's a redial; the outer track looks pretty sloppy and uneven at first glance and the font doesn't look very good. Hands are also re-lumed.
Thanks for the feedback. These are some more of the pics seller sent me. IMG_6557.JPG IMG_6556.JPG IMG_6555.JPG

What is it about the hands that seem “smudged”? Is there something that could have gotten in to the dial to cause that smudge on lumes or was it simply a cheaply made lume hand to begin with?

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
You have to understand that nothing about the dial and hands is original, it has all been re-done by someone who didn't know what he was doing. The dial has been repainted completely, not just the lume, but all the markers, and it is very poorly done. The lume on the hands has also been reapplied in an unprofessional way. Understand?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have to understand that nothing about the dial and hands is original, it has all been re-done by someone who didn't know what he was doing. The dial has been repainted completely, not just the lume, but all the markers, and it is very poorly done. The lume on the hands has also been reapplied in an unprofessional way. Understand?
Right, I understand that. I wanted some things to be pointed out by more knowledgeable people as I said I just started to venture into vintage watches, and I found this to be a good starting study. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts