WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13,517 Posts
Re: Ugly looking new Patek Aquanaut

I agree it’s not pretty, but It’s a limited edition 5167, apparently only 500 will be produced and no doubt every single one will be spoken for very soon...

^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
So many watches, So little time...

·
Registered
20,994 Posts

Ugly it may be, but if you can get one at MRSP then investment it definetly will be, as the demand for this and the Nautilus carries on with its crazy upward spiral.

·
Registered
29,592 Posts

Yeah not a fan. I’m pretty sure that watch will feature on Talking Watches with John Mayer Pt 3 though!

Bro of OoO

·
Registered
872 Posts

I like it, perfect watch thats both understated(small size) while catches people's attention(red strap)

·
Registered
219 Posts

PP could sell a piece of poop with a red strap and it would sell. Oh wait...

·
Registered
2,825 Posts

I don't like rubber straps, but I would definitely go for that watch on a nice bracelet. Mind you, the current Aquanaut bracelet is not one that I consider "nice."

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

I’m not a fan of the Aquanaut (or Nautilus, for that matter) to begin with, but with a normal strap or bracelet, I think the red on the dial would work just fine. Mind you, I still have no interest in one, they simply don’t excite me, even at non-inflated prices.

·
Registered
872 Posts

I don't like rubber straps, but I would definitely go for that watch on a nice bracelet. Mind you, the current Aquanaut bracelet is not one that I consider "nice."
thats an understatement, the PP bracelet is something I'd expect to see on a fossil

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Price aside, I like it. I have always enjoyed how the waffle dial carries right through into the strap and then if you add red, it gives it the pop it was always lacking before.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts

thats an understatement, the PP bracelet is something I'd expect to see on a fossil
I actually do like the Nautilus bracelet, particularly the older one that had screws (instead of pins). The Aquanaut bracelet is not nearly as nice.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts

I find it funny how the Aquanaut currently sells grey in the 40s, the Nautilus sells grey in the 70s now, but no one says boo to this. Yet a GMT Master II sells in the teens and everyone loses their minds crying conspiracy.

Regards,
Alysandir

Reactions: 68Deluxe

·
Registered
1,704 Posts

I find it funny how the Aquanaut currently sells grey in the 40s, the Nautilus sells grey in the 70s now, but no one says boo to this. Yet a GMT Master II sells in the teens and everyone loses their minds crying conspiracy.

Regards,
Alysandir
Because 'normal' people never assumed they could get a Patek in the first place. So there's no difference between $40k or $400k. Note, I have no problem with this at all, nor the current state of Rolex.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

Regards,
Alysandir
I say boo to this!

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts

I say boo to this!
I hear ya. I once had a chance to buy a Nautilus Annual Calendar for $35 and passed; I stupidly figured one would pop up again sooner or later for around that.

Also passed on an Aquanaut for $28, a Batman for MSRP, and - I s**t you not - an APRO 15400 for $13.

*sigh*

Regards,
Alysandir

·
Registered
872 Posts

Regards,
Alysandir
thats the because the number of people who can afford a Patek is much smaller than that of GMT...so the crowd of people complaining is much higher

·
Registered
2,954 Posts

The “Kevin O’Leary special”

Hard pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
394 Posts

I dig it the dial, but to my eye a brown or black strap would be better.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Ugly looking new Patek Aquanaut

On the contrary, it looks gorgeous to me. Very subjective...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
356 Posts

Put a black or blue strap on it and it is o.k. for me :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts