WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Re: Ugly looking new Patek Aquanaut

Red strap for summer holidays, black strap of everything else; its epic.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Here's a shot I took of the watch today.

The red is a luscious red. What surprised me was the strap turns almost orange in certain light!

Well played Mr Stern, it's slowly growing on me.

C2F2D014-6C04-43EA-BB7D-2062204CF585.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
No thank you, just give me a regular 5167.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
JMHO I know they have rabid fans, but the AN and Nautilus were always ugly. :) Although I admit as I age, they do seem better than when I was younger..

·
Registered
106 Posts
My personal taste- Nautilus is ugly, Aquanaut is uglier, and the ugliest is being developed by PP. do not be offended PP fans. I own a PP Gondolo blue.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
It's a 'nice' twist for those that like red. If PP only make 500 pieces there will be enough takers within a heartbeat.

Obviously I like the design (I own one) - I'm just not 'moved' one way or another about the colour.

·
Registered
19,222 Posts
No wonder lot of people started buying Richard Milles

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yuck! Pass.

With the latest spiral on so many watches, color gimmicks are just the final insult. I hope the crazy spiral becomes unsustainable and comes crashing down (no offense Watchbox) and things return back to normal where folks can buy stuff for reasonable prices and buy more watches instead of all this insane flipping and effort to become a "preferred" customer. Until then I am going sit, wait, eat some popcorn and enjoy the show. At some point maybe folks will wise up and stop the madness.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
^
I was referring to Richard Milles – there are a lot of popular models which are not instantly available, and trade at retail or above.
To say that they’re like Langes or TAG Heuers is an old notion.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
That used to be the case a few years ago or more, but not nowadays.
Give me some evidence of MSRP vs resale value on a few models of RM please (Chrono 24 is a good reference). I'm interested in the examples.

·
Registered
396 Posts

I hear ya. I once had a chance to buy a Nautilus Annual Calendar for $35 and passed; I stupidly figured one would pop up again sooner or later for around that.

Also passed on an Aquanaut for $28, a Batman for MSRP, and - I s**t you not - an APRO 15400 for $13.

*sigh*

Regards,
Alysandir
Wow! I feel your pain man. Years ago I passed on an aquanaut at 19k, a 15202 at retail at the Palazzo in Vegas 3 years ago, a BLNR at retail as well. Like you, I figured these would be easily accessible in the future. I also passed on an AP RO ruthenium dial in Bal Habour 2 years ago but I finally scratched that itch through a different acquisition route. This hobby/passion can drive you crazyo|

·
Registered
4,060 Posts

I hear ya. I once had a chance to buy a Nautilus Annual Calendar for $35 and passed; I stupidly figured one would pop up again sooner or later for around that.

Also passed on an Aquanaut for $28, a Batman for MSRP, and - I s**t you not - an APRO 15400 for $13.

*sigh*

Regards,
Alysandir
I've been lucky with these two watches. I picked up a APRO 15300ST blue dial for £8,000 in 2012 - (Chrono24 stating I would get about £20,000)

and I bought my PP Aquanaut on a bracelet for £14,500 in 2013 - (Chrono24 stating I would now get about £25,000)

But then I look at all the watches I have that I would lose money on and it kind of feels pointless to do the maths? I buy what I like and resale only is an issue if you intend to sell (which I don't).

That said (back to the OP) - this Aquanaut with the red will rise in value over the years - so if you like it - buy it.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts