WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello WUS, anyone have any issues with their Seastar 1000 crown rusting? I’ve never seen this before on any of my cheapest of cheap invicta watches so I’m curious to see if this is an isolated issue. This watch has never seen salt water, chlorinated water, or was exposed to any chemicals. I clean my watches with tap water once a week or as needed, and they get dried with a cloth. I’ve attached a photo. It’s not easy to get a pic of so I apologize for the not so great photo. If I’m doing something wrong. I will absolutely holy myself accountable and not complain about this. If it’s just a junk crown, then this is the last straw with this overpriced crap swatch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
757 Posts
Just out of curiosity, have you tried a jeweler's cloth to remove the red spots? It's hard to tell from photos if it's really iron oxide (rust) or something else. Any pics of the areas of concern under normal magnification?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just out of curiosity, have you tried a jeweler's cloth to remove the red spots? It's hard to tell from photos if it's really iron oxide (rust) or something else. Any pics of the areas of concern under normal magnification?
Thank you! I actually tried a tooth pick and it looks exactly like rust but the wood isn’t doing a great job. I took a pick and gently scraped some of it out and it started to take some force to scrape it out and you can see that the bottom of the grooves are clean but the sides are still rusty. I can’t imagine what else it could be.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
That's strange. I have an older Seastar 1000 and have never seen that. How old is yours? Has the warranty run out?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Almost looks like blood, your thumb okay?

Out of curiosity, what else about the watch is not floating your boat that this would be the end of it? I've always liked these Seastars and would have one if not for the size.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Almost looks like blood, your thumb okay?

Out of curiosity, what else about the watch is not floating your boat that this would be the end of it? I've always liked these Seastars and would have one if not for the size.
Hahaha no it’s definitely rust. I used a magnet on the dust and up it went. (Not near the watch lol) so the bezel action is terrible. I can turn it by looking at it. The crown is wobbling all over the place, and the overall feel is so underwhelming

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have owned the all black version for just under two months with no issue (knock on wood). Agree that the overall feel isn’t the greatest but managed expectations considering the price, and my intent to use as a daily beater for work. Hope you get things sorted.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Have you been to the sea?? 🤔

·
Registered
264 Posts
Your remarks about the bezel have me thinking it's the spring. Pretty unusual for stainless to rust.

I'd have a look under the bezel.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Did you dip it in acid?

That's really weird. Never had that on any of my 100+ watches. I'd reach out to Tissot.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
As above Send Tissot an email and attach these pictures, I'm sure they'll have an opinion/ offer some advice.

K.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Maybe it's a fake, I believe Tissots are heavily faked.
My thought as well. Its a rep. While I constantly decry Tissot for not putting an AR coating on recent Seastars, what they do put on them is of good quality.

·
5,159 Posts
This is the first time I've seen this problem. Maybe it's a fake, but try contacting Tissot and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
74,424 Posts
It’s rare but not unknown for a batch of stainless steel to be “bad”. I’d reach out to Tissot with this one.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The only way to SS to corrude this fast it would be a saline environment, like the sea, and it could rust do to salt accumulation. Is the watch really new or pre-owned?

·
Registered
Casio F-91W
1,444 Posts
Maybe it's a fake, I believe Tissots are heavily faked.
Based on some of the reviews on Amazon, fake Tissots are tough to identify which makes this a slight possibility. This could just as easily also be a bad batch and that happen with any brand.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts