WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this isn't the appropriate forum.

I've just got my hands on this lovely, albeit aged, larger Tri-compax. It needs to be looked at as it does not run, however all the functions move and work correctly when done manually.

Absolutely in love with it and would just like to get her running. Id ideally love to find someone in London i can go in and see in person with it. I found these guys online but can't find reviews: http://www.antiquewatchcouk.com/

1IMG_4354.JPG 1IMG_4353.JPG

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Cam

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I had Jon do an overhaul of my WWII Rolex; he did a good job on the Rolex, so in that sense, I'd recommend him.

The guy across the road from Antique Watch Co, the Little Yellow Watch Shop seems to know his onions, too. http://www.watchservicecentreclerkenwell.co.uk/

Sda on this forum has had some beautiful pieces and great taste, so I'd take his patronage of Mr Chang of Portobello as a recommendation.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had Jon do an overhaul of my WWII Rolex; he did a good job on the Rolex, so in that sense, I'd recommend him.

The guy across the road from Antique Watch Co, the Little Yellow Watch Shop seems to know his onions, too. http://www.watchservicecentreclerkenwell.co.uk/

Sda on this forum has had some beautiful pieces and great taste, so I'd take his patronage of Mr Chang a recommendation.
Thanks mate. I assume Jon is the guy at antique watch? Also i couldn't find a user called Sda? and who is Mr Change? hahh sorry mate. I got a bit lost there.

Either way i think ill pay those shops a visit tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Sorry. Jon is the watchmaker at Antique Watches.

Sda = Sdasurrey.

Chang is Mr Chang, sorry can't help out with more than that. He's in the Portobello watch ghetto.

Thanks mate. I assume Jon is the guy at antique watch? Also i couldn't find a user called Sda? and who is Mr Change? hahh sorry mate. I got a bit lost there.

Either way i think ill pay those shops a visit tomorrow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry. Jon is the watchmaker at Antique Watches.

Sda = Sdasurrey.

Chang is Mr Chang, sorry can't help out with more than that. He's in the Portobello watch ghetto.
Cheers for this. I've just dropped it off with Jon to see what he makes of it. He did blurt out a "whoa" when i handed it to him and then he said even if they touch it it will take months.. I think i have my hands full here. Failing that I may send it off to RGM in the states. though was hoping to get it done locally.

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
584 Posts
UG is one of those brands that is very, very hard to get parts for. Most of the times, experienced guys could do the job alright if they could find the correct parts. Won't be cheap either. I hope yours can be resurrected to it's former glory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts