WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

UK Royal Mail delays

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  dudegalea 
#1 ·
I posted a package to an address also in the UK using Royal Mail on 12 Nov.

It still hasn't been delivered.

I spoke to Royal Mail yesterday, and they confirmed that they haven't even attempted to deliver it yet. It is still sitting in their depot. The guy I spoke to said that they have a very big backlog to clear, so there are some heavy delays.

Just something to bear in mind if you need to send - or receive - a package in the UK.

#7 · (Edited)
I had no idea they were so bad. I recieved feedback today for a CD I sold on ebay on the 3rd September! I always ship within 2 working days, so that's what - about 7 weeks? :roll:

Hey suprise, item turned up. Top ebayer, crap postal service!
On a brighter note, my second G2300 arrived today from the US, and took a little over a week. :-!

#8 ·
Maybe a bit OT here, but I live in the USA (Indiana) and I can't ever remember having any problems with the Postal Service here... Everyone complains about the price of postage stamps, but it's been very rare (maybe 3 times in 30 years) that a package or letter has failed to make it to me.

On the other hand, I have had some problems with UPS ("What can Brown do for You)...

This wasn't my own UPS "delivery" problem, but I saw this link of a UPS delivery the other day: http://www.gozino.net/display_post.php?p=2545

<eek> - This forum needs a "wide-eyed eek" icon - :)

#9 ·
Is that video real?
I've heard from someone on another forum, who actually worked at UPS, that he was surprised anything made it 'alive on arrival' that was sent through UPS too. At least we don't have to worry with G-shocks, I guess.

Sorry to hear about that postal backlog guys.

#11 ·
Is that video real?
I've heard from someone on another forum, who actually worked at UPS, that he was surprised anything made it 'alive on arrival' that was sent through UPS too. At least we don't have to worry with G-shocks, I guess.
As far as I know the video is real...

I used to work with a guy who had a part-time job at UPS... He said his job was to "place" packages into a short-haul truck - he had to take packages from a cart and fling them as hard as he could and as fast as he could into the truck...

He also wondered if anything made it in one piece.

(insert wide-eyed "eek" icon here)...

#10 ·
Doesn't surprise me... UPS took 3 months to deliver an overnight package to me... And that was only after I took to harassing them everyday on the phone and putting in claims for replacement and going to managers managers...etc....

Not only didn't I pay for the shipping on that package, but I'll NEVER have anything shipped UPS again. Postal service is sometimes slow, but its reasonably priced in comparison and has never let me down.

#13 ·
About a month ago, I ordered a Casio Atomic watch - WVQ201HA - not a G-Shock (shame, I know) on-line from Target Stores here in the USA. According to UPS' and Targets' web sites the watch was "delivered" via UPS...

I never saw it. I'd ordered other items (including a hard drive and two DVD drives for my PC) which were simply left on my front step. I was lucky they were still there when I got home from work. Apparently, this watch wasn't so lucky.

A few days later, I called Target.com and explained my problem. They removed the charge to my Target account - Thank You Target...

I ordered the same watch on-line from some place I never heard of because they said they ship via USPS only (United States Postal Service). Less than a week later my watch showed up in a special USPS lock box here where I live.

So I'll never have UPS "deliver" a package here again.

I'll add that the box the watch came in via USPS had a fair-sized dent in the side, but the watch itself wasn't damaged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.