WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a SKX007 that is losing a couple of mins per day. Is Seiko UK the best place to send this to? Watch isn't under warranty if it makes any difference.

Face is also scratched.

Would anyone know a ballpark figure for how much sorting these might cost?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
Seiko auto's. Monster, Turtle, 5 Sports. Steeldive auto. G Shock. Edifice. Protrek. Casio.
990 Posts
No idea of service cost..... but if it were my watch i'd regulate the time myself, easy enough. Then i'd find a local jeweller to replace the crystal.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Doubt it would be cheap at Seiko Uk send them an email they got back to me yesterday within several hours. You may be safer sending to someone who modifies seikos that can regulate the movement and replace the crystal for you

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Sorry to say it but it might be nearly cheaper to just replace the skx007 altogether rather pay to have it shipped, regulated, then serviced, the face replaced etc.

Might be a cost effective to just replace it with an SKX that will be under warranty.

P.S. I dunno where you're based but there is a Seiko boutique in Knightsbridge in London (the largest in Europe, I believe), if you can get there they might be able to give you some quotes....or even open the case and regulate it on-site.

Good Luck

·
Registered
254 Posts
Much as I’m not a fan of the Seiko HQ in Maidenhead that is only because they are a bit rude and arrogant and are not interested in vintage, which is what I mainly deal with. But to be fair to them, I think they are very good and reasonably priced for current movements so would be fine for a 007. Worth asking them anyway. And by face do you mean crystal or do you mean dial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Not used them personally, but if it was me I'd send this outfit a message. Doubt you'll find cheaper and nothing to lose by asking. Full details or work given and costs are estimated in the dropdown. Just to reiterate, I have no connection, but with Seiko repairers as scarce as rocking horse poo, other than Seiko UK, got to be worth a shot. Oh, and let us know how you get on...

Seiko Automatic Watch Movement Servicing & Crystal Replacement All Calibres | eBay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts