WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. As an update on the two packages I ordered, you might remember several weeks ago I posted a thread showing off a molnija pocket watch that I bought. I also a few weeks later bought a vostok kommandirskie wristwatch. One of the parcels came from Ukraine and the other one came from Russia. The Russian parcel reached South African Customs in 2 weeks (It's been sitting there for another 2 but that's another story) The parcel from Ukraine, however according to the tracking number has not reached South Africa yet, even thought I ordered it roughly 2 weeks before I ordered the Russian parcel. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced slow delivery from Ukraine? It's probably nothing and just me being impatient :-d I've been waiting so long for these beauties to arrive.

·
Premium Member
6,990 Posts
It's all essentially random. I've usually had better luck with the other former soviet republics than Russia, but something I bought from Belarus took something like 6 weeks.
Stuff from Eastern Ukraine may be worse due to the political instability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 51m0nn

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
And my experience with both to the Pacific Coast of Canada is roughly two to three weeks from The Ukraine and three to four weeks from Russia but it has to be said that half of that time is down to Canada Posts ludicrously inconsistent postal service. Sometimes something can clear customs the other side of the country ( most post from Europe and Russia/Ukraine comes into Ontario) and be here a day to two days later, other times (and more usually!) it can take a couple of weeks to get across.

I asked a postman here once about it and he said that when the parcel shows its left the originating country it will be in Canada within a day but then in can sit for days or weeks in a pile of mail waiting to get sorted through customs, then it waits with another pile before its sorted and either flown across or more usually sits in a truck for three to four days driving across Canada!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I'm not sure what part of Ukraine it comes from, it could very well be that the postal service is in disarray, or that it was one of the first parcels to be loaded onto a ship and then the ship took another day or two to be loaded up and sent off. I'm not sure. I'll give it another 2 weeks and see what develops. At least the one is in South Africa, meaning I'll get it sometimes early next decade :-d

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't think there's much of a difference. Average 1-2 weeks before it shows up as hitting customs in the US for me. The problem is you could always be the outlier that ends up on the wrong shipping container that is held up for whatever reason outside of everyone's control in that limbo between "left Ukraine/Russia" and "arrived in US/Canada". Then it can be stuck there well over a month. Happens from Ukraine. Happens from Russia.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts