WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Interesting, but Why spend money on something that you can do by hand? I have had no problem hand winding watches with crowns ranging in sizes from very small to very large.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I would have thought that the ultimate winder would be our arms.

Also, anyone else notice the ad is winding a quartz?

Reactions: Jeros1 and Bergarn

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,357 Posts
I would have thought that the ultimate winder would be our arms.

Also, anyone else notice the ad is winding a quartz?
It's apparently a tool to help the watch technician manipulate the crown during repair. Yeah, ones arm is probably the best winder.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wouldn't it really be better to just hire someone to wind your watches for you?

Get to avoid all that nasty manual labor AND help the economy!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
71,508 Posts
I'll buy a watch tool at the drop of a hat but despite the temptation I've never really seen the need for one. I suppose that if you're a watch repairer who needs to put a bit of wind in autos on a regular basis one would be handy.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The tool looks thin enough to fit into a drill chuck. Can you imagine the time you could save using an electric drill to wind a watch in the morning :-d

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Don't let Graham or U Boat find out about this lest they incorporate this into their designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,692 Posts
I have one vintage watch with a very small and somewhat hard to turn crown when setting the date (EDIT : my vintage Seiko, not my Omega). And it has no quick set date (of the crown, or hands back-and-forth type), so you have to wind the hands around and around and around. I usually keep it on a winder because of this, but this tool could actually be very helpful. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,692 Posts
I have one vintage watch with a very small and somewhat hard to turn crown when setting the date (my Omega). And it has no quick set date (of the crown, or hands back-and-forth type), so you have to wind the hands around and around and around. I usually keep it on a winder because of this, but this tool could actually be very helpful. Thanks!
Looks like one that works on less than 5mm crowns (which is what I'd need) is only available on there from Bergeron... so it's $37! Hmm... they do make good stuff...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts