WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new watch, and, for the first time, I adjusted the bracelet myself. Was easy with the supplied screwdriver and screw pins. I usually get a shop to adjust it for me, but I figured they included the screwdriver for a reason. Also, I'm just handy enough, I thought it would be within my capabilities.

Like I said, it went great. My issue now is long-term worry. I see occasional topics about people having watches fall off their wrist due to bracelet screws coming loose. I also see occasional topics about people breaking bracelets due to overtightening or otherwise having issues when doing adjustments. When unscrewing I felt a little resistance. I'm assuming Loctite was applied. I don't have any myself, but the re-screwing went fine. I tightened until it stopped. In both cases, the screwdriver did slip off at the end. That worried me, but I wasn't going crazy with the force and didn't strip anything.

General questions:
Should I worry about losing a screw in the bracelet?
Should re-tighten to be sure, or would the risk of stripping be more of a risk than making sure the screws are secure?

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
This, or at least check every now and then that no screw is getting undone.
Yeah, I would check it maybe twice over the next week. If the screws have not loosened at all you should be good. If they have loosened a little loc-titte as suggested by brandon/ should fix it up.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would say not to worry about it too much, but it will depend on who manufactured the bracelet I guess. Check what position all your screws are in, see if they are flush or recessed when screwed down to the maximum, then gauge from there if something is off or not.

Reactions: MarkBishop

·
Premium Member
3,158 Posts
Just a quick point, if it comes to loctite, use the lowest strength. anything stronger will cause you or the next owner problems. Loctite 222 will do. It dont take much!

K.

Reactions: MarkBishop

·
Premium Member
71,325 Posts
As long as you tightened it down reasonably, I wouldn't worry about it. But that's just me. You can use a little dab of Loctite 222 (purple, low) if you want a little reassurance.
^This but if you’re a bit unsure of it holding make wit a tiny bit of Loctite like Brandon suggests.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts