WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Wish I could help, not an expert on that brand, but to me, the name looks very wrong. Hopefully with more knowledge will come along soon.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,210 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the question. Would that dial look better to you if you were assured that it was genuine?

The name is misspelled on the dial and the manufacturer's stamp inside the case back is extremely faint in comparison to the hallmark. This has the appearance of a genuine 1950s/60s watch of decent quality that has been "rebirthed" with a new brand. Avoid.

Reactions: Shum

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
This seller is usually much better at authenticating watches. I'm surprised he is selling such an obvious fake.

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
I have this one in the black list. Fake bids, fake watches, atrocious prices for simple pieces and other statistical nonsense
That's an interesting perspective, and you could be right. But I will add my personal perspective for balance. All of his sales are no reserve auctions, so the prices are determined by the bidders, and I generally find they sell for what I consider market value. I have not seen signs of fake bids, and I have followed many of his auctions over the past few years.

I regularly browse through his listings, and take a closer look when I notice watches that are interesting to me. I often find watches that I like, and follow the auction. I have won two of his auctions and have been happy with the watches. On the other hand, I haven't carefully checked all of his listings, and this watch proves that he is also selling some terrible watches and is not always careful. Just more proof that you can't blindly trust a seller. Even if he sells some good watches, others might be bad.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
That's an interesting perspective, and you could be right. But I will add my personal perspective for balance. All of his sales are no reserve auctions, so the prices are determined by the bidders, and I generally find they sell for what I consider market value. I have not seen signs of fake bids, and I have followed many of his auctions over the past few years.

I regularly browse through his listings, and take a closer look when I notice watches that are interesting to me. I often find watches that I like, and follow the auction. I have won two of his auctions and have been happy with the watches. On the other hand, I haven't carefully checked all of his listings, and this watch proves that he is also selling some terrible watches and is not always careful. Just more proof that you can't blindly trust a seller. Even if he sells some good watches, others might be bad.
Not a bandito.

Just occasionally sloppy.

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
I guess this is the UN-badged Felsa 690: bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Ulysse Nardin Felsa 690

I've done an image search, and every example I found had the word "SWISS" right below "ULYSSE NARDIN". There should not be a big gap. Obviously there is also a big difference in the quality of finish on the movement. If the movement is legit, according to Ranfft it would have a Breguet hairspring, but it's hard for me to tell from the photo.

A minor point, but the "alpha" hands are incorrectly described as "dauphine" in the description. It's really quite a bad listing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts