WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Someone is advertising the above watch as a Ulysse Nardin - Turler. However, there is no indication that it is Ulysse Nardin on the dial or the movement.
Is it possible that this is a genuine Ulysse Nardin watch from 1900.

kevinjsmall

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,652 Posts
Türler, Zürich, is a well known jeweler. There was a long standing cooperation between UN and Türler. Google is your friend.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I would be wary of this.

Ulysses Nardin made movements for Turler of Zurich (jeweler that's still in business) that went into Turler pocket watches, not wrist watches that I know of. The resultant pocket watches were Turler watches with UN movements, not sold as UN watches.
It's also my understanding that these movements were clearly marked as Ulysses Nardin, not unmarked as you mention.
I think I found the listing you're referencing. The watch depicted is 47mm wristwatch with a see-through case back. Someone may be more familiar with vintage watches than I, but imo it's highly unlikely that a 1900 wrist watch was 47mm with a crystal case back.

Lots of red flags, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,332 Posts
Hi
Someone is advertising the above watch as a Ulysse Nardin - Turler. However, there is no indication that it is Ulysse Nardin on the dial or the movement.
Is it possible that this is a genuine Ulysse Nardin watch from 1900.

kevinjsmall
It is possible the watch is from 1900. It is also possible that a 118 year old case was combined with an unrelated movement.

If the seller is a reputable dealer that person may know more of the history. Have you asked?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
From another non-expert-- I'm assuming that this is an old pocket watch (maybe from 1900) that has been recased in a pilot-style case. BTW, how many pilots needed watches n 1900?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts