WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is the most ridicilous thing that has happend to me.

rang up swatch service centre regarding where they are at with my Omega bond seamaster chrono repairs.
the lady said my watch was ready to be picked up.
so i when i got there, i showed them my form, and off they went to try and get the watch for me.

10 mins pass nothing.
15 mins still nothing

turns out they cant find my watch!
they look through the books and see that they have shipped it 300km's away!
they ring the place they shipped it to and they said they had shipped it back because they did not know who it was for.

more phone calls and they are trying to trace where the watch went to.
the place that sent it back said they dont keep records of whats outgoing, so the lady couldnt trace when it came back.
so they had no consignment of keeping track of expensive jewellery!

so an hour goes by of this bull$hit. im sitting calmly but im fuming inside.

another lady comes out, i think she was a manager of some sort and tells me she is sorry for what has happened, and that they will ship the watch out when they find it.
so i filled out my address etc and phone number.
now i didnt say anything as i didnt want to lose it. but is there anyway to take this further?

i wont even know if the watch has been damaged until i get it back. mind you it was only a day old when i took it in, with the stickers still on it.

please inform me on what to do.
im not very happy at all

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think the best way to deal with this is to be polite and hope for the best. I know you're furious inside, but throwing a fit with them isn't going to get you anywhere.

Swatch, I think, should be quite on the ball with this. If they really can't find it within a reasonable time, they'll most likely just give you a replacement. The loss clearly occured due to the negligence of the service centre, and I think Swatch is smart enough to realise that it's in the best interest their business reputable to give you a replacement. (An applogy is also warranted given the circumstances)

I don't think you'd want to go down the path of suing them. You'll probably get your watch back that way too, but what a hassle for all parties concerned.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was polite throughout the ordeal

but this is ridiculous. the watch was repaired in about 2-3 weeks from what i gathered, then they have shipped it 300kms away, and never informed me of their blunder until i called them up today!

im not going to sue them, but would like to take matters further than what they are now.

all im concerned about now is hoping my watch was in the shape i left it... Brand New.

·
Registered
95 Posts
ok this is the most ridicilous thing that has happend to me.

rang up swatch service centre regarding where they are at with my Omega bond seamaster chrono repairs.
the lady said my watch was ready to be picked up.
so i when i got there, i showed them my form, and off they went to try and get the watch for me.

10 mins pass nothing.
15 mins still nothing

turns out they cant find my watch!
they look through the books and see that they have shipped it 300km's away!
they ring the place they shipped it to and they said they had shipped it back because they did not know who it was for.

more phone calls and they are trying to trace where the watch went to.
the place that sent it back said they dont keep records of whats outgoing, so the lady couldnt trace when it came back.
so they had no consignment of keeping track of expensive jewellery!

so an hour goes by of this bull$hit. im sitting calmly but im fuming inside.

another lady comes out, i think she was a manager of some sort and tells me she is sorry for what has happened, and that they will ship the watch out when they find it.
so i filled out my address etc and phone number.
now i didnt say anything as i didnt want to lose it. but is there anyway to take this further?

i wont even know if the watch has been damaged until i get it back. mind you it was only a day old when i took it in, with the stickers still on it.

please inform me on what to do.
im not very happy at all
tell them you want a new watch its there blunder :-|

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Sorry to hear about the misfortune. If you really are looking for thoughts as to how to proceed, here are mine:
So far it sounds like you're doing just what you should. Mistakes happen. It's appropriate to give them a reasonable opportunity to make it right. Seems like a week should be ample for them to figure out what happened and find the watch - and if they're unable to find it promptly, it should be replaced. In the meantime, it would be well to keep track of all documentation, explanations, names of those with whom you discuss the problem, etc. - i.e., keep good records. Hope it turns out fine. Best, John

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they have taken my acknowledgement form i had.
but i have scanned a copy on my computer.

names, well did not get all of them.

words cannot describe how unhappy i am.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Tomee, I know exactly how you feel. I have my own drama going on with the Swatch Group at the moment. And I work in the industry. I can't say anymore about it, but onto your dilemma-
I'm not defending them, but I would say give them a week to locate your watch. When you get it back, check it fully, make sure the serial numbers match, etc.
If you are in any way unsatisfied with the work performed, demand a new watch. You could argue that you had only had it for a day before it started playing up, so as a show of good faith on their part, they should replace it for you. I don't know if they will or not, but it's worth a shot.
Bear in mind that they handle all Omega, Longines, Tissot, Rado, CK, Hamilton, Swatch and Breguet repairs Australia-wide so sometimes a watch will get sent to the wrong state because a couple of numbers on two different repairs got mixed up or your surname is spelt almost the same as somebody else's or somebody mis-read another person'e hand-writing, etc.
I'm not sticking up for them, Tomee, far from it. But if they can't sort this out within a week, then go to town on them.
Some others on this forum will tell you to go in there screaming. I say give them a chance to sort it out before you get angry. If they don't give you a response that you're happy with, then give 'em hell and tell them that you'll be writing to Omega in Bienne to voice your disappointment over how this has been handled so far.
Just my 2c...but I earned it selling watches.

teeritz

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tomee, I know exactly how you feel. I have my own drama going on with the Swatch Group at the moment. And I work in the industry. I can't say anymore about it, but onto your dilemma-
I'm not defending them, but I would say give them a week to locate your watch. When you get it back, check it fully, make sure the serial numbers match, etc.
If you are in any way unsatisfied with the work performed, demand a new watch. You could argue that you had only had it for a day before it started playing up, so as a show of good faith on their part, they should replace it for you. I don't know if they will or not, but it's worth a shot.
Bear in mind that they handle all Omega, Longines, Tissot, Rado, CK, Hamilton, Swatch and Breguet repairs Australia-wide so sometimes a watch will get sent to the wrong state because a couple of numbers on two different repairs got mixed up or your surname is spelt almost the same as somebody else's or somebody mis-read another person'e hand-writing, etc.
I'm not sticking up for them, Tomee, far from it. But if they can't sort this out within a week, then go to town on them.
Some others on this forum will tell you to go in there screaming. I say give them a chance to sort it out before you get angry. If they don't give you a response that you're happy with, then give 'em hell and tell them that you'll be writing to Omega in Bienne to voice your disappointment over how this has been handled so far.
Just my 2c...but I earned it selling watches.

teeritz
hey teeritz,
funny you say they got names mixed up.
my name is Thomas, and the blunder came when they shipped it to Thomas jewelers in Ballarat!
i mean my last name is only two letters, surely they would look at the full name to know its a customers and not a jewelery store o|

what really pisses me off is that
1. im without a watch longer than expected and
2. it might not return the way i left it

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Question, tomee. If the watch was only a day old and still had the stickers on it, why did you take it to a Swatch service center? If there were issues, why not address them where you bought it and get a refund or replacement?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
You should have asked for a replacement originally.

However as you didn't then you should ask for one now.

You've paid good money, bought a new watch and only had it one day?

Tell them you want another or a refund. <|

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it wasnt until i bought the watch back home with me i noticed it faulty. and my AD only had a display model left. so i thought id have to wait 4 weeks for a new one. i might aswell use my warranty.

come to think of it i should of taken them up on that offer.

anyways i have sent an email to Pauline at Omega explaining my situation.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i received an email back from Omega:
Dear Mr ,

We thank you for your message and are sorry for the inconvenience that you have been caused with your Omega Semaster Bond watch.

It is always a matter of great concern to us when we hear of anyone dissatisfied with our products or World Service Organisation.
Although we understand your disappointment, you will certainly appreciate that it is difficult for us to comment on your case from this end.

In order to investigate your complaint, we are immediately forwarding your message to our Service Center in Melbourne asking our Customer Care Team to contact you shortly in order to advise you of the appropriate way in which to proceed:

The Swatch Group (Australia) Pty Ltd.
Attn. Service Dept
Level 2, 1601 Malvern Rd
Glen Iris, Victoria 3146
Australia
Phone: ++613.88.44.33.00
Fax: ++613.88.44.33.07

Please be assured that at Omega every effort is made to guarantee the quality and reliability of all our products, as well as first-class after-sales services, worldwide.

We are convinced that after the assistance of our representatives you will be wearing your Omega watch with much pleasure for many years to come..

With kind regards,

Pauline Frank
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER CARE
§Ù OMEGA SA
RUE STAEMPFLI 96
2500 BIENNE 4
SWITZERLAND
[email protected]
www.omegawatches.com
so basically they are forwarding my email onto the place that ****ed up originally... Great

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I had a stuff up with Swatch service in London. My watch went in for warranty service and came back with a mark on the dial. After waiting for 6 weeks I was not happy that I would have had to take it back there for another 6 weeks.

Rather than completely lose my rag I let them sort it out. They sent it to another watchmaker who cleaned the mark off and I got it back in a week. I made it clear how pissed off I was but there was little point yelling at someone who didn't make the mistake.

Give them time to sort it. If they personally do so then you are within you rights to let them have it.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rang up them again today, and they have told me now that its not with them, but still at the jewelers they sent it to... which to me makes me think they are still trying to find it because they dont know exactly where it is.

told me it will take a couple of days to get it back to them...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi Tomee sad to hear the bad news - hope it gets solved quickly, which swatch service centre did you send your watch to anyway ? the one in sydney next to the QVB ?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Tomee sad to hear the bad news - hope it gets solved quickly, which swatch service centre did you send your watch to anyway ? the one in sydney next to the QVB ?
im in melbourne

Level 2, 1601 Malvern Rd
Glen Iris, Victoria 3146
Australia

·
Registered
282 Posts
im in melbourne

Level 2, 1601 Malvern Rd
Glen Iris, Victoria 3146
Australia
no worries I had quite a bad experience with the customer service I received when I went to the one in sydney. Wont be going back there again.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts