WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I got a shipment from space! Well, maybe not entirely true, but there is at least a connection.

Here is what the package looked like. Nothing beats the joy of unpacking. :-d

What is it; Kryptonite? No, just a ball of bubble plastic.

Inside the bubble plastic, a small box. Now the brand of the watch is revealed.

Aha, there is a chronograph inside.

It's a black dial 3133 with Cyrillic text. And it's never used!

While it's basically a civilian version of the Shturmanskie, this model was actually used in space missions.

As opposed to the military version, this one is chrome plated. The chrome wears off over time, especially on the pushers. But since this one is new, they still look good.

The only issue with this watch is that the crystal came lose during transport. Do you know if it's just a matter of squeezing it back with a crystal press, or are there some special techniques involved?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Woooooowwww. That is a BEAUTY. Congratulations.

I'd imagine a crystal press would fix this issue, but hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Awesome. What a catch!

Not sure about the crystal problem, but I reckon I could work through it - just unburden yourself by sending it my way ;-)

·
Registered
190 Posts
classic beautiful 3133:p

...and don't try to push the crystal by yourself, take it to a watchrepairer who will use a specific """wrench""" for the work

·
Registered
664 Posts
Nice catch! Congratulations :-!

I'm afraid, I cannot say anything about your glass issue :-(

Hopefully, you get good professional advice.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Those teasing pics of unwrapping are always worth watching, the end result of course is really worth it. Classic watch - gets a new lease of life, well done.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
The only issue with this watch is that the crystal came lose during transport. Do you know if it's just a matter of squeezing it back with a crystal press, or are there some special techniques involved?
Congrats! That's a great classic :-! the box is interesting too.

About the crystal, i had different experiences. On my 31659, the crystal seems glued (or fitted very tightly) on other 3133 it seems simply pressed on the case, and sometime it can be even extracted using a suction cap.

Try to gently rotate the crystal with the fingers, until you find a position were the crystal seems stiff in its groove, then press it with the fingers. Don't think it needs a crystal press, those crystals are very easy to mount and dismount if they are not glued.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,168 Posts
Great catch!

That dial seems to be the one that I have seen most often in footage of space missions. Even in a chrome case it's a classic.

Here's its brother:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts