WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotten a good dealer for the baselworld 2019 limited edition release of Starbar "Old Fashioned" SRPD36J1. As such, it is a good reason to get myself an early birthday present. :-d

The new LE box is pretty decent as compared to the previous starbars' LE boxes and now comes with additional brown coloured quick release strap on quick deployment clasp.

IMAG7228.jpg

IMAG7231.jpg

IMAG7233.jpg

IMAG7234.jpg

IMAG7235.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,557 Posts
Congrats on your Seiko Presage Cocktail LE. Its dark brown colour dial and gold coating on the casing, hand-set and indexes make the watch spectacular. Enjoy your SRPD36J1 in the years to come.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s pretty. Congratulations. I bet it would look killer on the brown strap.
Thanks sticky! Though I have not try out yet but I think likewise to you. I will try to switch it over and update this thread with photos.

Nice! Happy birthday to you.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Thank you Kenny for your well wishes! Cheers!

Looks great! That dial is something to behold.
Thank you Impulse! Yes, the dial grows on you. From far, it looks nothing fascinating. However, when you look at it more, the subtle golden brown which appears and disappears a different angles will make you look at it again and again.

Congrats on your Seiko Presage Cocktail LE. Its dark brown colour dial and gold coating on the casing, hand-set and indexes make the watch spectacular. Enjoy your SRPD36J1 in the years to come.
Thank you NC_Hager626! Yes, in fact, in my opinion, this is a pretty bold combination for a 'vintage styled' dial. The all round gold from hands to indexes to case surprisingly match up quite well to give that golden sparkle.

Like me, it takes 5 visits to Seiko shops to take a second, third, fourth, unlimited look at it as some may not like such loud statement initially. Since, I have been searching for a nice brown dial, I decided to take the plunge as the dealer which I regularly bought from threw in a great discount in celebratiin of 11.11 sales.

I must say that it is the first time that I go to the shop, placed a deposit as that shop needs to transfer from another outlet, went down after the phone call notifying that the watch was here, went down again to pay without the need to check the watch. It is like my heart and mind already confirmed that I had wanted it in my collection all along.

i appreciate the box review. such a lovely box! how do you like the watch?

Sent from work
Thank you schumacner62! To add on to the new LE box details, it is covered all round with soft touch faux pvc leather with a thin sponge backing underneath. Overall, it is nice to hold.

For the watch, I have not worn it yet but I am already liking it since I have 4 other star bar lineup so this will not disappoint me as it is the only watch that has golden hands, indexes and case among them. Definitely outstanding!

Reactions: NC_Hager626

·
Registered
21 Posts
What is your take on this watch as far as the darker color and hardlex crystal as compared to the hamilton intramatic you and I have had a conversation about? I love the look of this Seiko!

·
Premium Member
8,557 Posts
My take on the overall aesthetics of the SRPD36J1 compared to two similar Hamilton models are as follows:
  • its 40mm case diameter is the same as Hamilton's Jazzmaster Thinline
  • its indices are more along the lines of the Hamilton Jazzmaster Thinline (which I have recently bought),
  • its dial's darker chocolate colour is much richer in texture than the Intra-Matic's brown dial model,
  • the boxed hardlex crystal allows the SRPD36J1 to be much thinner then if it had a sapphire crystal, However, its 12.25mm thickness makes it thicker than the 38mm Intra-Matric or the Thinline. Plus, its shape would be much more difficult, and expensive, to produce if it was Sapphire. The sapphire crystal on the Intra-Matic and the Thinline's outer ridge is much more flushed to the bezel and has a slight dome leading towards the middle of the crystal.

My final comment on the SRPD36J1 is that — its one gorgeous watch.

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
Wow, what a throwback. But lovely! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
My take on the overall aesthetics of the SRPD36J1 compared to two similar Hamilton models are as follows:
  • its indices are more along the lines of the Hamilton Jazzmaster Thinline (which I have recently bought),
  • its dial's darker chocolate colour is much richer in texture than the Intra-Matic's brown dial model,
  • the boxed hardlex crystal allows the SRPD36J1 to be much thinner then if it had a sapphire crystal, However, its 12.25mm thickness makes it thicker than the 38mm Intra-Matric or the Thinline. Plus, its shape would be much more difficult, and expensive, to produce if it was Sapphire. The sapphire crystal on the Intra-Matic and the Thinline's outer ridge is much more flushed to the bezel and has a slight dome leading towards the middle of the crystal.
I agree. I would like to see it on the lighter brown strap more than the darker brown strap though. Very pretty watch indeed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anyone know what the difference between the SRPD36 Limited Edition and the SRPB36 is?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts