WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
That is VERY nice!

The website pics don't even come close to doing it justice.

It's listed for $349 on US-Seagull's website but still, it appears to be worth it. At $269US it's a stellar deal.

Enjoy it for a long time to come!

Eric

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's a very attractive watch. Congrats on your new Sea-Gull!

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
That's a nice watch and something I have been eyeing for a while. It looks so much better in real world pictures. Congrats! True moon phase right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Yes, it's a true moonphase complication :)

This watch is absolutely beautiful to look at. I will take some better photos of the watch.

One thing I liked about the movement is that the pushers on the sides are soft to push compared to the hard pushers I meet in the SeaGull open heart, retrograde date movements.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
More in depth photos. (I'm to be blamed if you order the watch) :-d

SAM_3983.jpg

SAM_3992.jpg

SAM_3978.jpg

Comes with a nicely finished wooden stick for the pushers

SAM_3980.jpg

SAM_3981.jpg

SAM_4012.jpg

SAM_3985.jpg

SAM_3987.jpg

SAM_3991.jpg

SAM_3988.jpg

SAM_4005.jpg

Domed Sapphire crystal with colorless AR coating.

SAM_4007.jpg

Water drop test compared to the mineral crystal of my Parnis power reserve, retrograde date.

SAM_4010.jpg

SAM_4011.jpg

SAM_4002.jpg

SAM_3998.jpg

SAM_3999.jpg

SeaGull M308s b-)

SAM_4000.jpg

What I didn't like about the watch:
1- The lume on the 12 marker is very weak. It's fair on the hands, though.
2- The ring that holds the movement inside is made of white plastic.

·
Banned
368 Posts
Thanks for all the pictures! Stunning watch for sure! I bought the same M308S 2 months ago in December 2014, very satisfied!!!

Something strange that I remark from your pictures: On the back of your watch there is NO serial number engraved...on mine it is: 1400177

Bruno in Belgium

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've seen many photos of casebacks without serial number. May be this number is seller-specific :think: ؟

·
Registered
679 Posts
Congrats brother on purchase of such a nice watch....This watch will definitely an addition to my watch collection provided I am able to locate one in Pakistan. Though the Chinese lacks the finesse of their Swiss counterparts but are still commendable for the efforts they put in

·
Registered
96 Posts
More in depth photos. (I'm to be blamed if you order the watch) :-d

SeaGull M308s b-)

View attachment 3015722

What I didn't like about the watch:
1- The lume on the 12 marker is very weak. It's fair on the hands, though.
2- The ring that holds the movement inside is made of white plastic.
One thing I like is the model number on the case back... Ugly!
i have mine with "816.381"
do you guys know how to get rid of it?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got mine from the same store, but the second hand is different and no wooden little stick. The store claims is a new batch of watches.
106020_869_attachment.jpg

·
Registered
82 Posts
Actually I think that the other model second hand is better looking. It is unpleasant when you receive something that is different than what you ordered, especially when it comes to watches. The store claims it's a new batch; on mine there is a serial number and on the others there isn't, so...
Also, I've expected it to look larger for a 42mm, it seems tiny on my wrist, but it is beautiful nonetheless. The winding feels smoother than any of my swiss made watches, very nice.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Nice thread and nice watch, I've enjoyed owning one for half a year now and I still love it as much as the day it arrived. Will be looking for a different style strap though, reptile leather is just not my thing.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts