WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Unboxing pics

• Thumbs up! I love them! I live vicariously through them.

Votes: 111 66.1%
  • Thumbs down! Waste of bandwith! Just show us the goods!

Votes: 57 33.9%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unboxing pics. |> or <| ?

On the one hand it's fun to pretend that you're opening a new watch, on the other hand, do we really need to see a picture of a roughed up cardboard box?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Re: Unboxing pics.

waste of time.. except for ebayed watches. I love seeing how them crazy Chinese wrap things!
Two pounds of shredded paper, peanuts, shrink wrap, bubble wrap < Check Check Check Check
A noodle container < Check
Half a roll of tape < Check

·
Registered
3,080 Posts

Unless the packaging it particularly weird or interesting I wouldn't. They are kind of entertaining though and I don't think it'd bad to post them. I'm kind of indifferent I guess.

·
Registered
587 Posts

I'm all for it!:-!

I know how excited I am on my "watch days" (which are better than Christmas by the way) and love to see others enjoy theirs!

·
Registered
3,815 Posts

They're hardly necessary - I haven't shot an unboxing ever - but they do add to the experience. And there's a certain flair to seeing all the bits and pieces come out of a well-packed watch box.

·
Registered
452 Posts

If the poster doesn't tell where it came from, a pic of the mailing label can be handy.

A pic that shows everything that's included with the watch is nice.

A comment about the adequacy or inadequacy of the shipping carton is useful.

Otherwise, it doesn't do me any good, but it isn't hard to scroll down past it either.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts

waste of time.. except for ebayed watches. I love seeing how them crazy Chinese wrap things!
Two pounds of shredded paper, peanuts, shrink wrap, bubble wrap < Check Check Check Check
A noodle container < Check
Half a roll of tape < Check
The recycled food containers are what started me taking unboxing pics in the first place :-d

The excessive tape does but me, though. I like to re-use my packaging (I have a couple boxes full of packing peanuts and bubble wrap) and I hate having to tear up the bubble wrap because it's too taped up to unwind neatly :(

·
Registered
2,183 Posts

I enjoy unboxing pics. Makes it feel like you're getting a new one yourself. Without actually getting one....or being able to afford one......or having to add it to your list of wants.....I just realized that I don't really like unboxing pics :-d j/k. I think they're great.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts