WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted to do an unboxing thread ;-)

...so here it is!
It has its advantages, being home sick with the flu ...you get to receive your parcels immediately ...plus you can take pics in daylight.
Anyhow ...this rather big cube arrived via ooops today

inside was a black cube with invoice and warranty card

aaand inside that was this rather nice wooden cube :D

and inside that ...tataaa ...my new watch

My only criticism of the watch ...the clasp. It is slightly the wrong shape for my wrist and the rather stiff strap will have to be made a bit more pliant before it will become comfortable. Also the clasp has no release mechanism ...click it shut and rip it open is all it does. It'll do for a dresswatch that you don't wear every day, but not really ideal or sturdy

Technical data:

Roamer competence original type 2 (afaik it's now discontinued)
Diameter 37 mm
Movement FHF caliber 138.011; 21600 bph, 36 hours power reserve
hand wind, no date
top crystal is sapphire, bottom mineral, waterproof 30m

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hello 10 ATM,

I a week ago (November 2013) I bought a Competence Roamer similar to yours.

Do you found some trick or strategy to know the approximate time on this watch? . That is, how you know, for example, if it's 7:00 o' clock or 7:30 or 3:18 or 5:47 ? I am not able to find any way of knowing.

Regards

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Not really my thing, skeletons, but it's undeniably nice! Come to think of it, is it really a "skeleton"? Wear it with pride!

Randy

P.S I didn't know Roamer was still around, I've only seen the brand in vintage form.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
That's a beauty. There's a few Roamer's out there with some nice dial work, that I'd love to get my hands on.

·
Registered
11,456 Posts
I don't typically go for skeletons but this isn't really a true skeleton since you're not seeing the movement through the dial. It's a really interesting watch and I kind of like it. I wasn't even aware of the brand until now. Wear it in good health!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello 10 ATM,

Do you found some trick or strategy to know the approximate time on this watch? . That is, how you know, for example, if it's 7:00 o' clock or 7:30 or 3:18 or 5:47 ? I am not able to find any way of knowing.

Regards
Unless the minute hand is exactly on one of the few markers, you have no idea what time it is exactly.

This isn't really a "watch", it's more like jewelry in the shape of a watch ;-)

It's my "Sunday watch" and I usually wear it when a minute here or there doesn't really matter

·
Registered
974 Posts
I've always wanted to do an unboxing thread ;-)

...so here it is!
It has its advantages, being home sick with the flu ...you get to receive your parcels immediately ...plus you can take pics in daylight.
Anyhow ...this rather big cube arrived via ooops today

inside was a black cube with invoice and warranty card

aaand inside that was this rather nice wooden cube :D

and inside that ...tataaa ...my new watch

My only criticism of the watch ...the clasp. It is slightly the wrong shape for my wrist and the rather stiff strap will have to be made a bit more pliant before it will become comfortable. Also the clasp has no release mechanism ...click it shut and rip it open is all it does. It'll do for a dresswatch that you don't wear every day, but not really ideal or sturdy

Technical data:

Roamer competence original type 2 (afaik it's now discontinued)
Diameter 37 mm
Movement FHF caliber 138.011; 21600 bph, 36 hours power reserve
hand wind, no date
top crystal is sapphire, bottom mineral, waterproof 30m
That is rather special. Lovely! Where it in good health!

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Congrats on the new timepiece 10ATM. That one looks really nice.

Hello 10 ATM,

Regards
I'd say it would be better to stick with digitals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.