WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of months back, the Redux Courg campaign was launched on the Kickstarter platform. It was met with overwhelming enthusiasm, to the point that a group of backers decided to back out fearing they can never deliver with such volume.

I decided to stick with it. It was my first time backing a watch on Kickstarter, and I was sold by the concept - a pilot/ diver hybrid in Titanium that is under 40mm? Yes please!

Fast forward to today, this was waiting on my table when I came home:
Wood Room Plywood Paper product

I like the whole crate look it has going.

Wood Box Plywood Square

Released from the parcel...

Text Wood Font Paper Rectangle

And the side...

Wallet Paper

Taking everything out...

Textile Wood

Another view...

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Tan Strap

And the watch!

Strap Tool

Together with some extra natos and zulus I bought...

Material property Textile T-shirt Table

And a parting shot.

This is not meant to be a comprehensive review (which I am sure someone more qualified will do). This is more of an initial thoughts post.

My view? An excellent watch for the price. Good build quality. The Kickstarter campaign was a joy with constant updates and information throughout the journey. You can feel the creator's passion behind the watch.

Other thoughts? Kinda thick. Gives it more wrist presence I suppose, but something to consider for those with smaller wrists (like me unfortunately). Also, the lugs doesn't wrap around the wrist as much as I would like. Also, for some reason, it feels like the bezel doesn't align perfectly to the dial.

But all in all? I love it, and can see myself having a lot of fun with it. For this price, I would say it's a steal.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Eagerly waiting for my TiGr5...should be receiving it in the next few weeks I believe.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Congrats on snagging this timepiece. I don't think I have ever seen a timepiece to come with six straps before. The straps is enough to make this a good buy.

Enjoy it often and wear it in good health!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Nice looking sports watch. Congrats on your new arrival!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Just read the kickstarter ad. Amazing how much lifestyle guff that bloke got away with. Also he doesn't mention China once in the entire advert when he entire watch case and movement and box all clearly come from China and arrive preassembled at his office. Nh35a costs about 25 dollars from the Chinese factories. Titanium case about 30. So it's fair to say he is now a very rich man. Shows you the power of back story kindness and lifestyle marketing. Food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just read the kickstarter ad. Amazing how much lifestyle guff that bloke got away with. Also he doesn't mention China once in the entire advert when he entire watch case and movement and box all clearly come from China and arrive preassembled at his office. Nh35a costs about 25 dollars from the Chinese factories. Titanium case about 30. So it's fair to say he is now a very rich man. Shows you the power of back story kindness and lifestyle marketing. Food for thought.

All micro-brands do exactly the same thing, considering the majority of them are using NH35 or Miyota 9015. The premium customers pay is for somebody to design it, handle the manufacturing process, check for QC problems, etc. I think it's unfair to say that the watch should only cost as much as the base parts - any watch you buy on the market, whether it's a luxury Swiss watch or a KS project, has some profit margin built in. Whether a watch is worth the final price is up to you to decide.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
It was a superbly managed KS and I liked the watch... except I didn't like the bezel and it was a deal-breaker. But enjoy the new watch!

·
Registered
2,821 Posts

Since you've figured out this simple formula I guess there is nothing stopping you from becoming rich next.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Couple of months back, the Redux Courg campaign was launched on the Kickstarter platform. It was met with overwhelming enthusiasm, to the point that a group of backers decided to back out fearing they can never deliver with such volume.

I decided to stick with it. It was my first time backing a watch on Kickstarter, and I was sold by the concept - a pilot/ diver hybrid in Titanium that is under 40mm? Yes please!

Fast forward to today, this was waiting on my table when I came home:
View attachment 6525658

I like the whole crate look it has going.

View attachment 6525714

Released from the parcel...

View attachment 6525738

And the side...

View attachment 6525770

Taking everything out...

View attachment 6525786

Another view...

View attachment 6526010

And the watch!

View attachment 6526050

Together with some extra natos and zulus I bought...

View attachment 6526058

And a parting shot.

This is not meant to be a comprehensive review (which I am sure someone more qualified will do). This is more of an initial thoughts post.

My view? An excellent watch for the price. Good build quality. The Kickstarter campaign was a joy with constant updates and information throughout the journey. You can feel the creator's passion behind the watch.

Other thoughts? Kinda thick. Gives it more wrist presence I suppose, but something to consider for those with smaller wrists (like me unfortunately). Also, the lugs doesn't wrap around the wrist as much as I would like. Also, for some reason, it feels like the bezel doesn't align perfectly to the dial.

But all in all? I love it, and can see myself having a lot of fun with it. For this price, I would say it's a steal.
Thanks for taking the time to share this, it's a cool watch and very unique in terms of materials and styling. I was very curious about this one but like other folks was really skeptical of his ability to deliver on time. I'm glad he's proven us wrong! Maybe there will be more to come from this brand, the project watch world can use more people (and watches) like this.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Still waiting for mine, or indeed any update on it since the shipping announcement on December 20. I hope that's just because of the holiday season and that it will turn up any time soon now.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to get mine too..... Hopefully soon.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Also the seiko movements that seiko sell in bulk to middle men who then sell on to Chinese factories need to be properly cleaned, oiled and regulated. The Chinese factories do not do this. Did this guy do 1000 watches him self. Or did he just post them out. Time will tell.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Also the seiko movements that seiko sell in bulk to middle men who then sell on to Chinese factories need to be properly cleaned, oiled and regulated. The Chinese factories do not do this. Did this guy do 1000 watches him self. Or did he just post them out. Time will tell.

You, sir, are pointless.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Production SITREP: Storm Before the Calm | Redux & Co.

>> Roughly half of our special order has arrived and technicians are regulating them. Seiko will deploy two technicians to oversee assembly and that will coincide with my arrival.

It sounds like the factory does it, under the supervision of Seiko technicians.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I find that statement hard to believe. Anyways I'm not saying I don't like the watch. I'm saying I could not believe the mount of lifestyle bs this guy spews out. It's extraordinary but good on him.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I find that statement hard to believe. Anyways I'm not saying I don't like the watch. I'm saying I could not believe the mount of lifestyle bs this guy spews out. It's extraordinary but good on him.

Dude, give it up. This is watches we're talking about. The chief currency used in marketing watches is lifestyle BS.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats on snagging this timepiece. I don't think I have ever seen a timepiece to come with six straps before. The straps is enough to make this a good buy.

Enjoy it often and wear it in good health!

Thanks! Just to clarify, it comes with one strap (the black nylon on the watch). The rest are from my own collection :)

1 - 20 of 170 Posts