·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Looks super cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I've been contemplating getting the US1171 bracelet for my Speedmaster, but with all the feedback about having to manipulate the hollow endlinks in order to make it fit properly I was hesitant. After coming upon this thread and watching the linked video the solid endlinks and the classic look of the US1450 finally made me pull the trigger on my first Uncle Seiko bracelet. It was an impulse buy, which is very unlike me, but I think this is exactly what I've been waiting for. No need for thinking anymore.

Thanks for sharing the video, OP!

Rene

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Another US fan here. Have always thought of buying bracelets from him. Like Titan II, the hollow ELs was holding me off as well.

Does anyone know if this bracelet will fit on the new 2021 speedy pro. Model?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
It looks very good. Uncle Seiko has a great rep. He makes, or sources quality stuff. I’ve contemplated that “Razorwire” one several times.

·
Premium Member
7,459 Posts
Amen, finally solid endlinks! My one issue with my US BOR.......may have to take a peak!

Reactions: Titan II

·
Premium Member
7,459 Posts
I've been contemplating getting the US1171 bracelet for my Speedmaster, but with all the feedback about having to manipulate the hollow endlinks in order to make it fit properly I was hesitant. After coming upon this thread and watching the linked video the solid endlinks and the classic look of the US1450 finally made me pull the trigger on my first Uncle Seiko bracelet. It was an impulse buy, which is very unlike me, but I think this is exactly what I've been waiting for. No need for thinking anymore.

Thanks for sharing the video, OP!

Rene
you will have to let me know how it works out Rene, oh and pics also of course!

Reactions: Titan II

·
Registered
3,831 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Perfect fit, great!
Thanks for the photos, nice Speedy :)

Fedex is stepping on my nerves, delayed delivery for tomorrow 🥶🤛

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I ordered mine on Saturday night and just got an email notification that it's been shipped and I can expect it Tuesday (tomorrow) before 5pm. That's a pretty quick turn around. We'll see if it works out that way or not.

René

·
Registered
182 Posts
The strap looks wonderful - well proportioned and clean. The sides are polished (not the side links, the literal sides) which is a nice touch. The end links fit my 311.30.42.30.01.006 perfectly. They're definitely solid, the same weight as the end links from my Forstner flat-link, but with tabs that help the alignment quite a bit. One of the spring bars seated perfectly instantly; the other I had to massage a bit but with a minute or two of fiddling it seated properly and looks great. The top of the end link sits flush with the watch case - no need to worry about the sharp edges there.

When shaking the strap, the jingle is slightly higher pitched than my Uncle Seiko 1171 - more of a metallic jingle bell tone. The new clasp is subtle, but I like it - there's more of a tactile feel and sound when opening and closing it. The amount of force required is only slightly more, but the overall feel is much more refined. The logo is also embossed more deeply, which is wonderful.

This isn't an enormous strap - out of the box it was loose but wearable on my 7.5" wrist. I removed 3 links and got a perfect fit. By default, the fine adjustment pins in the clasp are at their widest setting. In general I recommend leaving them there - moving to the center pin changed the feel of the clasp. It wasn't less secure or less comfortable, but the solid feel of the opening and closing I mentioned earlier was reduced, probably due to leverage and positioning of the pivot or something.

The weight is very comfortable - nowhere near as heavy as the stock bracelet but a touch more than the 1171 (probably mostly in the end links). Light enough to not be aware that the watch is there, but enough presence that if you feel for it you'll find it.

Craftsmanship is excellent across the board. There are no sharp edges to be found - the bracelet feels smooth and comfortable inside and out. Although I've only had this bracelet for an hour, my first thought is that this will be the primary way I wear this watch from now on. Amazing work!

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
I agree it is an excellent bracelet, my favorite so far of all of Larry's releases. For what it's worth, when sized for my ~7" wrist, my Sapphire Sandwich 1863 weighs:
  • OEM Bracelet - 149g
  • Uncle Seiko 1450 - 123g
  • Forstner Flat Link - 115g
Though the build construction on the Forstner was excellent, I did find it a little too light. The slightly extra heft of the 1450 is very welcome. It also nearly matches the weight of the new 3861 Speedmaster and its slimmer OEM bracelet, which weighs 127g when sized for my wrist.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback/reviews so far. The pictures really show how great it wears and has helped with my decision in purchasing the US 1450 bracelet as an alternative for the 1861 OEM bracelet.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
I would love to buy one for my new 3861, but I could not find information about compatibility. I am assuming it would not fit.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts