WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
is there not an option on the order page to specify you have a 3861, and US sends different spring bars?

edit - checking the US page, it appears to have been updated and now it specifically says:

[PLEASE NOTE: The US1450 will not fit the new Speedmaster 3861.]
That's good info, Clayton. Thanks for sharing.

Rene

·
Registered
452 Posts
is there not an option on the order page to specify you have a 3861, and US sends different spring bars?

edit - checking the US page, it appears to have been updated and now it specifically says:

[PLEASE NOTE: The US1450 will not fit the new Speedmaster 3861.]
I reported my experience to Larry, and he tested himself on his new speedy, does not fit, so he updated the page.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Just got the US 1450, and I think it's excellent for the price! It's really comfortable and looks awesome. I had the tapered 1499 bracelet on my Speedy originally and I liked it, but always coveted the look of the 1450. The price of the real ones are now outrageous, so I thought what do I have to lose by trying the US 1450 knockoff? I'm amazed that it feels quality still. The solid end links are great and the only thing I'd improve is the clasp itself as I think the factory clasp looks nicer. I did replace the clasp cover with a real Omega 1162 clasp though and now it looks even better IMO. Ok, enough talk, here are the pics!....

·
Registered
10,869 Posts
I have a question.

Usually I get the feeling aftermarket bracelets are kinda frowned upon - what makes Uncle Seiko different?

PS
I do like their bracelets too.

·
Premium Member
7,453 Posts
I have a question.

Usually I get the feeling aftermarket bracelets are kinda frowned upon - what makes Uncle Seiko different?

PS
for me, it's always been the quality......I've owned several, for Seiko initially, and then a BOR and 1450 for my speedy.......

outside my hatred of the hollow endlinks on the BOR, the quality is always top notch....

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I have a question.

PS
As Maddog mentioned, quality is one of the big deciding factors. When I bought my US1450 I had never owned an Uncle Seiko bracelet before so I was rolling the dice. For me the relatively low investment to get what I was looking for was worth the gamble. I wasn't disappointed.

That brings me to the next deciding factor...The Look.

For me, the combination of the Speedy and the 1450 style bracelet epitomizes the Speedmaster. The catch is that, to source an oem 1450 bracelet, you'll be paying a very large premium. The US1450 gives you the look without having to compromise too much on build quality.

The only part of the bracelet that some might have issues with is the clasp, as the problem with the hollow endlinks has been resolved with the new solid endlinks. The clasp does feel tinny, but it is in keeping with the feel of bracelets of that era. The important part is that it snaps down securely.

So, to summarize, Uncle Seiko makes some of the best bracelets on the market to mimic the look and feel of oem Speedmaster bracelets at a fraction of the cost of their oem counterparts.

All of this is my own opinion...obviously.

René

·
Registered
405 Posts
While I do generally like the bracelets and straps US makes, I wouldn’t classify them all as ‘excellent.’

The rough finishing on the links, the tinny clasps, etc. on the 1450 should not be overlooked. I mean, the Strapcode bracelets feel/look much better finished, are cheaper, but obviously they don’t make bracelets for Omega. I remember a post before saying, that US bracelets sometimes get a pass for these kinds of things because he’s the only one making alternative bracelets for specific watches. I now understand what that poster meant.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have a question.

PS
I also thought I'd never want to put an aftermarket bracelet on my Speedy. I simply liked the 1450 look so much that I just decided to get the US 1450 a shot and am very happy with it. To be honest, when I once tried the genuine 1171, I thought it felt cheap as hell and had to put my 1499 back on. The tinny end links felt so cheap, as did the light hollow links themselves. However, this fake 1450 has solid end links and bracelet links, and there is no tinny sound when you shake your wrist with it on the watch. It actually feels pretty quality. The only thing that looks not so good is the clasp itself, but it does close real crisp. I swapped out the clasp cover with a real Omega 1162 clasp cover so it looks OEM. Like this way more than the factory 1499 bracelet that came on the watch. The 1450 look just matches best with the Speedy Pro in my opinion. It makes it look better even than the latest Speedy Pro bracelet. Omega should have just reproduced the 1450 instead of making a 1479 reproduction on its latest version. The 1450 looks the best. I would've paid twice as much for what I paid for the US 1450 to be honest. It has improved the look of my Speedy Pro by a lot IMO.

·
Registered
10,869 Posts
Thanks to those who answered my question. Makes perfect sense and the founder also seems to genuinely love his Speedmaster. My Speedy [un]fortunately came on bracelet so I won't be needed the Uncle Seiko.

·
Registered
713 Posts
You won’t regret spending that money though. The Omega 1162 clasp makes the bracelet look like it’s OEM. As much as I like the US1450, I don’t want a U logo on my watch that looks like an upside down Omega symbol. :LOL:

·
Registered
257 Posts
You won't regret spending that money though. The Omega 1162 clasp makes the bracelet look like it's OEM. As much as I like the US1450, I don't want a U logo on my watch that looks like an upside down Omega symbol. :LOL:
I don't doubt it, it took seconds to decide to order it. Once I read that it snaps and looks better I was sold :p

·
Registered
182 Posts
As much as I like the US1450, I don't want a U logo on my watch that looks like an upside down Omega symbol. :LOL:
Why? Everyone's entitled to their own preferences of course, but no one sees the underside of my wrist anywhere near close enough to see it. Even if they did, I'm proud to display what the bracelet actually is.

Uncle Seiko makes a bracelet that looks significantly better than ANY bracelet currently made and sold by Omega, full stop. The Ed White/Anniversary flat link is the best they offer, but it doesn't look as good as the 1450 does. If anyone notices and comments, I'm not going to lie and claim it's an Omega product, I'll readily tell them about the tiny shop that manages to beat the hell out of a giant Swiss corporation.

·
Premium Member
10,375 Posts
You won't regret spending that money though. The Omega 1162 clasp makes the bracelet look like it's OEM. As much as I like the US1450, I don't want a U logo on my watch that looks like an upside down Omega symbol. :LOL:
Being of Serbian descent the U symbol is particularly offensive and I like Larry's products.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Why? Everyone's entitled to their own preferences of course, but no one sees the underside of my wrist anywhere near close enough to see it. Even if they did, I'm proud to display what the bracelet actually is.

Uncle Seiko makes a bracelet that looks significantly better than ANY bracelet currently made and sold by Omega, full stop. The Ed White/Anniversary flat link is the best they offer, but it doesn't look as good as the 1450 does. If anyone notices and comments, I'm not going to lie and claim it's an Omega product, I'll readily tell them about the tiny shop that manages to beat the hell out of a giant Swiss corporation.
If anyone asked me if the bracelet was a real 1450, I wouldn't lie either, and I would say it's a replica 1450, but with an Omega clasp. Sorry, but I think the Omega logo looks a lot better than the upside down Omega logo. Glad you like it though. In fact, I got an extra Uncle clasp lying around here unused and in mint condition, so would gladly send you mine for free if you like so you can have it as a spare. ?

81 - 100 of 129 Posts