WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Fabio from Italy here. Nice to meet you all :) I'm a watch enthusiast since when I figured out what a watch was, although I've started collecting around 2012. Yet, since the beginning of my passion I've always been attracted from unsusual watches, sadly I don't own any yet. So I'm here to ask you, do you have some watches that you'll consider "unconventional"? I'd love to see them :D

I've found this "Xela watch" (never heard the brand and I can't post the link because I'm too "forumly young") and I quite like it, but I hate it's a quartz!

601-Calder.jpg

I love Alain Silberstein watches, but I can't really quite understand if they worth the price and they have strange measures. I'd love to find an automatic watch "out of royalties" so... Can you help me?

Cheers :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a video about how it works but I can't post it! I know it seems crazy but I like it :p (google Xela Watch Project and you'll see it)

I'll add that I know the function of the watch is to tell the time, but for me it's more than that so it's ok if it takes a couple of seconds more to read it :D

·
Premium Member
21,826 Posts
There's a video about how it works but I can't post it! I know it seems crazy but I like it :p (google Xela Watch Project and you'll see it)

I'll add that I know the function of the watch is to tell the time, but for me it's more than that so it's ok if it takes a couple of seconds more to read it :D
The description claims that the silver hand is the second hand, the red hand is the minute hand, and the blue hand is the hour hand, but the hands do not appear to rotate at the right relative rates in the video to be indicating the hours, minutes, and seconds correctly.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Mr Jones ... which is perhaps more novelty watch than simply unconventional. But it is as well made as any conventional watch in its price range — automatic movement, sapphire crystal, beautifully made case, solid fit & finish.

Unknown copy 11.jpeg

As far as conventionally unconventional goes, I really like MB’s Nicolas Rieussec series ...

Unknown-5 copy.jpeg

·
Registered
Rolex datejust
783 Posts
If you like unconventional look at the Ventura from Hamilton. Its unconventional in shape but still tells the time like a normal watch. You can get quartz or auto depending on preference.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you like unconventional look at the Ventura from Hamilton. Its unconventional in shape but still tells the time like a normal watch. You can get quartz or auto depending on preference.
My dad has one, quartz. But it really looks strange on my wrist. Let's say that I like colourful watches out of the ordinary, a bit like a Kandinsky painting :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The description claims that the silver hand is the second hand, the red hand is the minute hand, and the blue hand is the hour hand, but the hands do not appear to rotate at the right relative rates in the video to be indicating the hours, minutes, and seconds correctly.
Yes, now that I've watch the video more carefully I've noticed what you said. I guess it's just a concept video maybe and doesn't shop the real product.. Strange though :D

·
Premium Member
21,826 Posts
I have the reissued Bulova Computron.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mr Jones ... which is perhaps more novelty watch than simply unconventional. But it is as well made as any conventional watch in its price range — automatic movement, sapphire crystal, beautifully made case, solid fit & finish.

View attachment 14236547

As far as conventionally unconventional goes, I really like MB’s Nicolas Rieussec series ...

View attachment 14236577
Nice! I love the Mr Jones, took a look at the websites and they have a lot of cool stuff. Thanks so much!

And if you wanna talk about unconventional luxury.. Well the montblanc Metamorphosis has been my dream since when I've seen it :D

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I'd consider a Jump Hour less conventional, if not entirely unique.

OmegaJumpHour3.JPG

1 - 20 of 70 Posts