WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title speaks... i'm undecisive of which one to get... my first watch was a digital casio which i cant recall the model during my school days and now while i gets older, i wanted to look younger hence i would opt to buy a g-shock for myself... again... hahaaa!

Casio G-9000 (pix linked from buzzbait's thread... credits to buzzbait)

Casio G-7710 (pix linked from MRG-100's thread... credits to MRG-1000)
http://zimac.gmxhome.de/casio/g-7710.jpg

any idea which would be the best bet? appreciate thoughtful ideas and suggestion... hehe... (besides that, i like the DW-5600 black face with orange digits but it's hard to source one around)

;)

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Ekiddie. :-!

The first 2 questions are:

1. What kind of functions are important to you?

2. What do you expect from your first G-Shock?

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,449 Posts
Additional to Vintage´s points:

The Mudman is much more present on the wrist then the G7710.
The 7710 is wearing smaller.

My suggestion: get both! b-)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the warm welcome... i got no particular functions that is important to me... most important is that it looks great and of course the more function the better it is! hahaaa!

i'm sure oftenly i'll use the g-shock for time as well as for style... hey! it's a g-shock so of course wants it to be durable... hehe...

d2mac; get both? hahaaa! good idea but i dont have any extra cash to roll... :roll:

;)

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
i dont like the 7710, the display is very stressfull.

you can hardly go wrong for the mudman, they say. i have one too. i am one of the few who says its not wearing good on the wrist. but 90% say its perfect. the functions are GREAT for sure.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,449 Posts
OK.

Then i would suggest the Mudman because of its more tough appearance.

But thats just my personal taste..... :)

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
The G-7710 might have the edge on functions, while the Mudman is mud resistant and looks a tougher watch. Because of the mud resistance the Mudman buttons are quite stiff. That's probably the most common 'complaint' about the Mudman. I like both, but would pick the Mudman if I could only have one.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I do like the look of the G-7710, but I would have to recommend a Mudman, specifically the G9000-3V. It will give you the reversed display look and the band is easy to dye black for a stealth look. At the end of the day, you'd have one wicked looking watch!

Go Mudman and you wont look back. :-!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I have both, the 7710 wears slimmer and is suitable for office wear, has more functions such as 3 time zone display and some techie timers built into its module.

The 9000 is chunkier, more casual in outlook, and is -20 degrees resistant, has 1000hr countdown timer, buttons that are integrated with the bezel, and a design that is quite nice.

The Mudman was the one that got me started as a fan, so I'm leaning towards recommending it to you.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
i vote the mud. just simply because its awesome.
still one of my best.

the g7710 looks like a little bit smaller. its cool with all the digits but its just too many digits for me.

oh, and welcome to the forum !!!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
As the title speaks... i'm undecisive of which one to get... my first watch was a digital casio which i cant recall the model during my school days and now while i gets older, i wanted to look younger hence i would opt to buy a g-shock for myself... again... hahaaa!

Casio G-9000 (pix linked from buzzbait's thread... credits to buzzbait)

Casio G-7710 (pix linked from MRG-100's thread... credits to MRG-1000)

any idea which would be the best bet? appreciate thoughtful ideas and suggestion... hehe... (besides that, i like the DW-5600 black face with orange digits but it's hard to source one around)

;)
ekiddie,

Welcome to the G-Shock forum. As you may have realized, you have come to the wrong place for an easy decision like this. This forum is filled with enablers of all ages, shapes, sizes, nationalities, colors, ethnicities, etc. With that, you will get at least 10% more opinions than posters. :-d

My advice is to just give up, get them both, for now, and buy a few more, as you discover some other feature that you can't live without. b-)

That is what I have done.

But, I did learn a way to control my purchases. Out of every paycheck, I set aside some money. Always the same amount, and never cheat. Then, when I have sufficient funds in that account (or cash envelope, in my case, I can get anything (not just watches) that my heart desires. And, it has no additional impact on my finances.

In my case, I have only bought when I could afford. I may have to wait, and save, but then I appreciate all the more.

Hope that helps! b-):-d:-!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Mudman gets my vote!
hoochy, hoochy, hoochy,

When will you learn. Dr. Evil would not be happy. This is the G-Shock enablers club. You need to cogitate, elucidate, educate, then eradicate. How else can we enable (other than with pictures)?

Short answers never give enough options. Long drawn, carefully planned, overly verbose answers, such as this one, do a much better job of enabling.

Now, try, try again!!!:-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I own three 7710s and sold my only Mudman. That speaks for itself on what my recommendation is I'd say. 7710s are way more functional and with neither being atomic or solar and me not spending much of my time in the "mud" I had to go with what I have (I didn't have to go with three but, oh well what's a guy to do, there were so many green ones I had to have).

[away from home or I'd put in pictures of my 7710s]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hahaaa! there are alot of mudman's fan as i see... hehe... let me self-poison myself with live pictures of mudman and g-7710 in images gallery... let me search for it...

;)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I would say 7710 anyday! Ok, I don´t have a Mudman so I can´t make a comparison but I have a 7710 and I love it. I never find the display cluttered or hard to read and I often use the watch in stressed situations and low light conditions.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts