21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
36,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
yes, they could be 7750, and you just proved it! Thanks for the photo.

I wonder if the Murren are 7750 as well.
I saw somewhere that the Murrens are Sellita movements. I don't remember where, but that's what I have listed in my Bulova notes. No solid info from Bulova, so it takes opening one up to know for sure.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The black Tellaro was only $266.

I picked one of these up for $309 so I did not do quite as well as you did but it’s still a bargain for a 7750. Nice watch. This is my first auto chrono. It’s heavy but doesn’t seem to wear as large as I had feared. Can you tell me what type of pins the bracelet uses?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok, I found this thread and websight because of yankeexpress's posts, specifically the picture of his watches sitting outside in the sun. Beautiful!

I wonder if a case like Mikeman's blue Murren could be fitted with the coffin-link band from a 63c119 like Yankeexpress's? Oh this thread is going to get me into trouble with the wife.

Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
I’m finding the tellaro to be very heavy. Kind of on the fence about keeping it. On the other hand I love the look and the chrono function is great. Any one else find the watch to be very heavy? Is that the case with all auto chronos?

·
Registered
36,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I wonder if a case like Mikeman's blue Murren could be fitted with the coffin-link band from a 63c119 like Yankeexpress's? Oh this thread is going to get me into trouble with the wife.

Thanks
Yes, while I have not done this swap, the cases are the same shape and lug width. Should work perfectly.

·
Registered
36,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I’m finding the tellaro to be very heavy. Kind of on the fence about keeping it. On the other hand I love the look and the chrono function is great. Any one else find the watch to be very heavy? Is that the case with all auto chronos?
7750 and SW500 are big, thick movements with rotors attached. The Murren might be a few grams lighter (have not weighed them to compare) than the Tellaro but not much.

The manual wind SeaGull watches are thinner and lighter, but not Swiss Made.

·
Registered
241 Posts
7750 and SW500 are big, thick movements with rotors attached. The Murren might be a few grams lighter (have not weighed them to compare) than the Tellaro but not much.

The manual wind SeaGull watches are thinner and lighter, but not Swiss Made.
The thing that I dislike about the the seagull is that the chrono is limited to 30 minutes. Other than that I am a big fan.

I am probably straying off topic but do you know if there are other Swiss chronographs that are lighter? I would imagine yes but $$$.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The thing that I dislike about the the seagull is that the chrono is limited to 30 minutes. Other than that I am a big fan.I am probably straying off topic but do you know if there are other Swiss chronographs that are lighter? I would imagine yes but $$$.
I would guess many of the in-house calibers are smaller, lighter movements, but yes, much more expensive. Chronos will always be heavier than a 3 hander though.

·
Registered
36,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
63c118 is remarkable for a Swiss Made automatic chronograph at $348 USD new including shipping. This one was shipped out of a flooded Houston warehouse a few days after Hurricane Harvey struck Texas last week. It actually arrived last Friday, but FedEx tracking site still says "not available for pickup". Took a chance and went to pickup site today and they had it.

Fixed the pic links^^^

·
Registered
36,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

·
Registered
36,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Got my 2nd Automatic Chronograph today, a mint store sample new Accu-Swiss for $329 delivered.

Got the Victorinox new for $359 before the holidays. It has a Valjoux 7750, as does this model
63c121

Fixed the pic links^^^

21 - 40 of 40 Posts